opeefasho Posted August 27, 2008 Report Posted August 27, 2008 Planning on building a ported box but on the memphis car audio website they recommend 45hz. I think thats too high, will 35hz good enough or 38hz. I just want to beat down the block and hit the lows good
streetspl Posted August 27, 2008 Report Posted August 27, 2008 Planning on building a ported box but on the memphis car audio website they recommend 45hz. I think thats too high, will 35hz good enough or 38hz. I just want to beat down the block and hit the lows good i had one m3 15 it was amazing i had the quad 1 ohm coils with 4 1000 d's on each. we had my box tuned to 58hz but it actually played Alot lower. even tho i had a ton of power going to it it still lasted about 2 mins at 30hz before i saw smoke. so i think it will do fine as long as the box is built for that hz. just fyi i was switching woofers at that time so i didnt care about the woofer and was kinda drunk atm....lol 158.1 db at 50 hz best life time score 154.1 street beat 3 TRF 12's 3 fusion fca 4000d's "need some cooling ideas" lol 12 hc 16's suedo wall more to come very soon
Forevrbumpn Posted August 27, 2008 Report Posted August 27, 2008 Think he is talking about the Regular M3 not the Mojo M3 That website is wrong, they screwed that up somehow, get the specs, and post them here, one of us wil throw it in Bassbox6.0, and see what works best, or just PM me with the specs... Iam going back to bed, but will be back up in about 5-6hrs I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Joshslvl4xl Posted April 14, 2009 Report Posted April 14, 2009 there is no such thing as a m3 mojo. there is a m3 and a mojo. Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404 Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's 240 amp Iraggi Alternator Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry
Neo_frog Posted April 14, 2009 Report Posted April 14, 2009 there is no such thing as a m3 mojo. there is a m3 and a mojo. That is wrong. The M3 was the replacement for the old HPO model and it was designed to be field reconable. The M3MOJO shared that recone quality. Older MOJOs didn't have the ability to switch cartridges, so they made the M3MOJO. Even the model numbers show it. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
jarredondo1999 Posted April 15, 2009 Report Posted April 15, 2009 Planning on building a ported box but on the memphis car audio website they recommend 45hz. I think thats too high, will 35hz good enough or 38hz. I just want to beat down the block and hit the lows good I would like to know the answer to this as well. What I have is 2-15's M3 2009 model, not the Mojo's. Thanks,
Neo_frog Posted April 15, 2009 Report Posted April 15, 2009 45hZ is way too high. If you built a big trunk enclosure with that tuning, you would still hit pretty tight low bass since the rear of the trunk extends the low end a bit. Iirc, the Fs of those is ~36-38hZ. You can tune your box around 32hZ for the M3s. That was the best tune I found for my M3s in the back AND on a wall. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Forevrbumpn Posted April 15, 2009 Report Posted April 15, 2009 there is no such thing as a m3 mojo. there is a m3 and a mojo. The M3 was just the cartridge style Memphis speaker the HPO replacement, and the Mojo replacement In my Memphis days, I would tune the Mojo's at 34- 38hz and they loved it, the quads which are usually the stiffer- higher Fs of the Mojos like it around 40 - 45hz, unless your burping, its a lot higher I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Joshslvl4xl Posted April 16, 2009 Report Posted April 16, 2009 That is wrong. The M3 was the replacement for the old HPO model and it was designed to be field reconable. The M3MOJO shared that recone quality. Older MOJOs didn't have the ability to switch cartridges, so they made the M3MOJO. Even the model numbers show it. true, i didn't think of that. i was just thinkin of the new ones. people need to specify if they are talkin about a mojo lol Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404 Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's 240 amp Iraggi Alternator Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.