Soberbills's Sr. Year Build * tear down(9/18/09) Page 31

ok. been a wile since any reall updates till now. i'll have pics of everything tonight(at work till six). but new eqiptment has been bought and some installed and looking at some more stuff still

What i got:

100 feet of KnuKonceptz 1/0 for 2 + runs, 1 - run and then 2 - chassis runs from front and back batts. and then all wiring for batts and amp and alt. redid big III as well

HC1800 in front battery tray. took pry 2 hours or more just to get it to fit under the hood.

headrest moniters are working now. looks great

sold my HK 802sx and will be having 2 (yes 2) Crunch Gp3000d-pro amps coming in within the next couple weeks i hope.

looking for a 3rd HC2400

MLA mod(not sure what kind)

and new box is going to be built to 7.5 cubes after dispacement. 6 4" aero's tuned to 36 Hz, not sure on finish yet.

Dual 1ohm lvl 5 coil recones for the subs. pry chome logo

well, like i said, i'll have pics up tonight of yesterdays electrical install and some past small work i did in december.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

I for one am looking foward to the build. I think with everything that your doing to your ride that a big number just may pop up and surprise you man. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think that you'll be pretty happy when your finished with the overall project. Just be careful with those woofers on that much power, but you already know that. Are you still planning on one amp for daily and two amps for comps? If so then you should be okay for daily listening, but make sure that you set the amp conservativly. What ohm are the coils on the subs? Because you may be able to run each amp daily if you turn the gains down some and match them.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I for one am looking foward to the build. I think with everything that your doing to your ride that a big number just may pop up and surprise you man. I don't want to get your hopes up, but I think that you'll be pretty happy when your finished with the overall project. Just be careful with those woofers on that much power, but you already know that. Are you still planning on one amp for daily and two amps for comps? If so then you should be okay for daily listening, but make sure that you set the amp conservativly. What ohm are the coils on the subs? Because you may be able to run each amp daily if you turn the gains down some and match them.

na, i'm going to run two amps for daily at 2ohnms and burp at .5ohms. so dual 1ohm coils. haha. i can't wait to get working on the box man. i really want to make trip peices like in steve's hoe. so it don't just look like a box, but part of the car.

Bills

KwB

na, i'm going to run two amps for daily at 2ohnms and burp at .5ohms. so dual 1ohm coils. haha. i can't wait to get working on the box man. i really want to make trip peices like in steve's hoe. so it don't just look like a box, but part of the car.

Bills

Yeah that's right. At 2 ohms per sub daily you should see anywhere from 1500-2200 watts per sub after box rise. I'd say that it's gonna bang man. You know pics are a must cause I can't wait to see that box being built. You could also do the entire box and trim pieces in vinal. That would look pretty sweet if you got a color to match the interior and went crazy with it. You could do one color of vinal on the box and do some inserts in different colors to offset the look and add to it some. I really forgot that you were gonna run that much power to those subs, so definately be ready for some http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif in your ride man. I'm tuned in from now on :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

sweet. but its a slow and painful proscess with me in highschool and working after school and then golfseason come the start of march. but i should still be working on the weekends. so it will bang. haha. i just need to get some lil things right now. like figerglassing stuff. get all my paint. screws. i got glue. the tubes for my ports. i got the flares. and an ipod hookup. o and get rid of my whine when my 4ch. amp is on. haha. hu problem i think. haha

Bills

KwB

o and get rid of my whine when my 4ch. amp is on. haha. hu problem i think. haha

Bills

had the same problem with a 4 chan in a blazer i did. i regrounded it to the chassis and slapped a noise elim. on there and it fixed her right up lol

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

You could also do the entire box and trim pieces in vinal. That would look pretty sweet if you got a color to match the interior and went crazy with it. You could do one color of vinal on the box and do some inserts in different colors to offset the look and add to it some.

yeah vinyl definatly would look great. if you wrapped it all in the interior color of vinyl and then trim panals with 45d edges on the sides with a darker shade would look awesome. done it a couple times and i was definatly happy

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

had the same problem with a 4 chan in a blazer i did. i regrounded it to the chassis and slapped a noise elim. on there and it fixed her right up lol

Ware did you add a noise elim. to? both rca?s

Bills

KwB

Ok, pic time.

fresh out of the box(wire next to cutters and phone for size ref)

Posted Image

My Fave wire cutters

Posted Image

Rockford 4gauge next to some standard 1/0

Posted Image

KnuKonceptz 1/0 next to standard 1/0

Posted Image

Solder cooling off in vise

Posted Image

Finished product

Posted Image

Bills

KwB

Out with the old, In wit the new

Posted Image

this is what i have to work with, took two hours to modify that tray and everything so the bat would fit so the hood would shut. haha

Posted Image

Two hours later and ringing ears from cutting metal and shaping wit hammer...

Posted Image

Holes drilled for wire to come up from below to bussbars(5 of them)

Posted Image

What i used(new drill, got for Christmas, works great for not being a big name brand)

Posted Image

2 pos and 1 neg run to front bat from bus bars

Posted Image

Posted Image

solderd up and hooked up to front batt. front bat was floating at 13v before install. after everything was hooked up, dropped to 12.8. guessing that the drop was from power going across the car.

Posted Image

Rear Ground, couln't get a pic of front batt ground due to the location under a flap thingy. haha

Posted Image

and what i got for 10 hours of work. haha. this was after i cleaned it up. yet it didn't stop me....

Posted Image

and new coldair intake. i love it

Posted Image

Bills

KwB

Archived