2001 Powerstroke

my friend has a 2001 powerstoke with two chips one is an edge performance chip and the other is a dial that just adds boost to the turbo. yesterday morning it was completely dead to the point there wasnt even a click when turning the key, but all of the lights kept flashing the windsheild wippers kept coming on and the dash had a clicking like when the turning signal is on. we tried to spark the battery with a screw driver and there was no spark at all, he took the bat to autozone and they tested it and said it was fine so i cleaned the terminals for both bats and hooked everything back up and it was fine then tested the voltage on both bats and they were both around 13.2. the drivers side bat was the one mest up. friday night he jumped a smaller car with it and after some one told us it was bad to jump a smaller car off of a diesel truck. could that have been the problem or what is just from the curosion and build up on the terminals on the bat?

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

my friend has a 2001 powerstoke with two chips one is an edge performance chip and the other is a dial that just adds boost to the turbo. yesterday morning it was completely dead to the point there wasnt even a click when turning the key, but all of the lights kept flashing the windsheild wippers kept coming on and the dash had a clicking like when the turning signal is on. we tried to spark the battery with a screw driver and there was no spark at all, he took the bat to autozone and they tested it and said it was fine so i cleaned the terminals for both bats and hooked everything back up and it was fine then tested the voltage on both bats and they were both around 13.2. the drivers side bat was the one mest up. friday night he jumped a smaller car with it and after some one told us it was bad to jump a smaller car off of a diesel truck. could that have been the problem or what is just from the curosion and build up on the terminals on the bat?

More than likely corrosion. Jumping another vehicle off of a dual bat diesel is no big deal as long as it is done properly.

Archived