I have a 2001 Grand Prix GT and want to change the back seats so that they fold down instead of being set. I know that in the Grand Am's they fold down, but don't know anyone that owns one so I can check it out.

I was thinking about using a few hinges next to each seat belt and create some type of clamp or something at the top.

So any ideas on how I can change this to make them fold down?

Thanks! :o)

only thing I can think of is arc welder, some square tubing, and a air nibler

I cant believe no one chimed in about this one

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

If your thinking about switching seats in a GA to GP it aint going to work. The GA is a nbody and the GP is not. Other than that it might have to be custom because Im not sure if the GP has fold down seats. but check a junk yard and see what they say.

Credo Quia Absurdum

yea the seats don't fold down in a 01 gp. i've asked some people around town and they just tell me what I already know which is to put hinges on the bottom. This doesn't help me with how to make the top of the seat stay stable.

In the seats that fold down, what type of process is going on to make them stay? I could get an idea on how to make the seat stay latched at the top if someone could please upload a pic for me of how they look lol. seriously tho haha