Driver side mid "thumping"

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

Today I spent the day beating my head. I tore apart my whole car and reinstalled all the wiring for my frontstage. I was getting an alternator whine and my driver side AA kept thumping. Well I redid the wiring. I chaged the speaker wire. needed to be replaced not enough shielding, I was using 18awg stinger remote wire. I upped to some radioshack 16awg speaker cnductor wire . I got rid of the alt whine, hopefully, I only drove around for a couple of blocks. ill know for sure when I ride on the highway. But for some reason my driver side keeps "thumping". Any ideas why? its annoying as hell. its thumping even with at low volume. I thought the speaker wire would solve the problem. This replaced it with another AA that I got from Ray, thinkin the otherone was blown. All input appreciated.

Is your front stage amplified? if so switch your left and right side if the problem moves it could be your amp going bad.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

Guest MegaloManiac

every thing is amped and crossed over. amp is an Avionixx 440.4. I'm running active. i'll trying switching it. do you mean switch the signal(rca) or switched the speaker wires with each other?

I would say RCA pinched, or to close to something its not supposed to be, rca pulled on to hard, loose solder connection to rca plug on amp, or deck, rca half hangin off deck rca.. Ive ran in to that many times, but usually both sides together, not 1 side over another

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Guest MegaloManiac

no its not the rcas. I did replace them that day with knukonceptz and Raptor. I haven't tried ur suggestion yet audioaddiction. i'll do it this weekend. but it seems like something is interfioring with it. whenever I had my sub amp on it made it worst. but now I don't have a sub amp. but  we'll see how it goes.

;) i dont get the question what do you mean thumping describe it better please

- ROE Refs- Majorpayne, Roe, Ceestaypropa, bandcamp, Dumple91, pimpedout97x, Corey anderson, JEXTEL- CA Refs - rtillaree, Rich00 Seismic Disturbance C.C Riverview FL.