Ok, I've never done this before but both tensil wires broke in half, only one per sub though.

I removed one dust cap so far.

here's 2 pictures

dcsubwooferfixing002fw4.jpg

w320.png

that's the old Dust cap that I cut off.

dcsubwooferfixing001ji5.jpg

w320.png

the lvl 4 without the dust cap on

gonna have to wait on more pictures because batteries are charging atm.

I'll take pictures of the burned tensils and than I want to know what I need to to do.

I understand the outside tensil, but how do you get the inside tensil that is in the middle? the pictures will explain what I mean but that's will have to wait for now.

I have 4 tensil wires provided by rusty, as 2 new Dust Caps.

stay post poned for updates.

hopefully me and my dad can get this done some time this week.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

you dont solder the tinsel to the metal coil part. u solder it to the voice coil. in fact, im doing this to my 12s. i have one half done, i just dont feel like doing it haha.

and what big rubber thing?

you know when you flip the subwoofer upside down, and if u feel the sides it's like a rubber? I'm brain dead right now but the tensils go inside it 2 on each side. I mean't to say voice coil theirs the little metal that the tensil is connected to i'm gonna go run and take more pictures to explain what I mean so i don't look like a complete jack ass just somewhat of a jack ass lol.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Heres recent pictures I took.

further inspection I noticed glue on the cone where the tensil wire is connected to or so only sodder the tensil wire to the voice coils, and than glue it to the cone?

here's more pictures

dcsubwooferfixing003wb3.jpg

w320.png

dcsubwooferfixing004sj6.jpg

w320.png

dcsubwooferfixing005ha8.jpg

w320.png

dcsubwooferfixing006nx4.jpg

w320.png

dcsubwooferfixing005zu5.jpg

w320.png

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

IMG_0627.jpg

that little silver spot is the new one soldered on. theres a TINY piece of copper from the voice coil rigth there. i know its not a great pic, shoot me. but just unsolder the old one, and solder the new one on.

i used ca glue debonder with a little screw driver to scrape off the gummy glue once it starts coming up. then i just burned the rest off around the solder with my soldering iron. i do need to pic up a few more tips though before i even attempt the other tinsel, or the other sub.

hopefully that helped somewhat

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

that little silver spot is the new one soldered on. theres a TINY piece of copper from the voice coil rigth there. i know its not a great pic, shoot me. but just unsolder the old one, and solder the new one on.

i used ca glue debonder with a little screw driver to scrape off the gummy glue once it starts coming up. then i just burned the rest off around the solder with my soldering iron. i do need to pic up a few more tips though before i even attempt the other tinsel, or the other sub.

hopefully that helped somewhat

it gave me a better idea but wheres the silver spot?

Also, why do we have to remove the dust cap?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

the yellow part i circled.

tinsel.jpg

you have to remove the dust cap because you need access to that spot i circled. thats where you solder on the new tinsel, then run it to the cone, then solder it to the terminal.

Ok, gotcha.

when you soldered the spot you circled, did you connect the tensil to it from underneath? I've never soldered before so I dont know the steps i'm half understand/half confused i'm a hands on learner, do u have any other pictures of u actually doing the soldering?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19