Can You Switch 97 S10 Interior With 01 Interior?

Im buying a 01 s10 for the bed and im wondering what it takes to switch the interior. I have a 97 both are extra cabs. I know I have to swap the doors. But what about the dash? Can you make the 01 dash fit if so how? what other issues might i run into? I definetly want to swap dashes. Will the new spedo and tac work? what about all the wiring for the light, heat and air switches and buttons. Will that all just be plug and play?

I have seen the door panels done, and you have to modify the inner door to make the 98+ panels fit. as for the dash, I dont see why not, but it is not going to bolt right up. I will ask my buddy exactly what he had to do for his. he has a 94 s10 that has 98+ door panels in it, but still has the old style dash.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

You can do anything with the right skill and right amount of money lol, but it all depends on how much the firewall of the truck changed so mounting. And you could most likely get the guages to work but they may not be exact plug in play some companies change wireharnesses a lot and some dont researching the changes between the year would probably be your best bet

i dont see the body of the truck being different. i havent messed with s10's for awhile but i do think the dash interchanges. i dont see why not but you need to change everything i believe. guage cluster ect.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

As far as i know, where the dash actually bolts in on both years, they are the same, you might have to trim the dash a little on the sides tho, cant really tell ya either way for sure on that, the radio wiring is the same, i think, and im pretty sure the HVAC controls are the same plug-in on the back side

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

They will swap just remember to take everything you will need. You are going to need all the dash supports and all that. You can switch dashes just like I can take a dash out of a Gand Am GT and put it into my Malibu. All you need is just all the parts and supports. Hope this helps.

Credo Quia Absurdum

The dash will bolt right in. Same mounting spots.

All the other interior pieces will also pop in with a slight mod here ans there.

For example, A pillars....... all the s10's have the same basic design, but the 94-97 have a slight sharper edge at the dash than the 98+, but it isn't bad.

Also, for the top of the pillars at the headliners, the 94-03 are the same, but in 04, the headliner has a different shape so the pillare has a slightly bigger buldge at the top.

Door panels are totally different. If you swap the whole door from cab to cab, no worries.

Now for the wiring...... I do not think the 98+ harness will work for the n97 truck, unless your swapping the motor also.

Do you NEED a 97 wiring harness? I have the whole wiring harness pulled from my Blazer that I will let go cheap. 97 Blazer 4.3 motor.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!