To Bad I dont Live closer Bro I would love to post up in that tree out back of your house with my sniper rifle. Srry to hear bout' your bad luck. Sometimes a man can only take so much before someone gets HURT. Just my .02

I feel ya on that.

that sounds like fun have a game of who can kill the most burglars first

Oh yea, Im down! we can each pick a tree! Lol

If only my fat ass can climb a tree

Just make sure you dont have any Blind spots. Also do you have anything planned for the rear Of the garage(Cant really tell if the 2 Cameras are going to cover that area.)

Behind my garage to the left is my fenced in yard, and its also fenced in between my house and my garage, and my garage and neighbors fenced.

Here is this awesome overhead view of my lot.

I know you wish you got my MS Paint skillz!!

Things ARE NOT drawn to scale in any way, but youll get the idea, I hope.

APLUSPAINTSKILLS.jpg

As you can see, everything around my house is fenced in. Behind my garage is the neighbors yard on the otherside of the block. The back side of my garage is my property line

The brown you see is all fencing. Between my house and my garage there is also a fence but it has a gate, it looks from the outside (facing the driveway with padlock), my whole yard needed to be fenced in to follow city code for my old swimming pool that was back there, theres only 2 ways into it, through the garage, or through the gate, both are locked.. The gap between my garage and my neighbors fence has a gate in the front, and has a standard 6' tall fence in the rear, but cant be seen because its all overgrown with weeds and little trees ( I got posion ivy from going back there last summer). My neighbors fence on the right of me is also a 6 foot tall fence, his yard is completly fenced in like mine, the only way into his yard is through his house. And legally his fence is 16 inches on my property according to a my surveyer and his.

The best way to access my drive way is through the front, I mean sure you could jump fences, but either way, you got 2 fences too jump either way you go if you follow meh. And you need a lot of upper body strength to pull yourself over a wooden fence, since all the 2x4s are on the fenced in part of the yards so its not easy to climb unlike a chain link.

Any ways....

I took the radio shack advice and I went there. I found this driveway monitor for $79 bucks plus tax.

It says on the box that it reads up to 30 feet. Inside the directions it says range up to 25 feet. My driveway is about 27 feet wide and thats a bit extra.

I tested the unit indoors, and outdoors. The max range I could get out of it was 15 feet!!!!!

It had 2 swithces on it, 1 switch for sensitivity (high/low) and 1 switch for range (5-15', 15-25'). I tried all combitnations of the switches and could not get no more then 15 feet. I had a 25 foot fatmax tape measure I used for testing the distances.

The guy at radio shack said the units worked flawless and they never had a complaint, and wanted to exchange for another unit, but Id have to wait for them to get another instock. I told them I just wanted to return it. Then he tried giving me instore credit. I told him again I want my money refunded on my credit card, or I will contact the BBB for poor customer service, and selling items that are not what they claim to be (since the box says 30 foot range, and the instructions say 25'

Here is a link to the unit I tried. FAIL!!!!!!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=family

even on the site it claims 30 feet!!!!! but from my tests, 15 feet max!!!

thats weird that it had 2 different max range statments. You would think the QC Manager at the palnt woulda caught that. Oh well at least you got ur money back. Good luck with everything and hopefully those bastards dont get you again before you get this all up and running.

Credo Quia Absurdum

here are some pictures from my upstairs porch of my yard. Forgot that I got no one living up there so I could go up there for ariel shots. :)

This is right behind my house

09-13-08_1715.jpg

Part of my backyard, garage and the other fence between my house and my garage with the gate.

09-13-08_1716.jpg

Here is my garage, driveway, and my neighbors fence and how his is set up.

You can see the tree that is growing between my garage and my neighbors fence, it is block the back half of his fence, but it connects to his garage.

09-13-08_1717.jpg