I need something cheap. After my garage being broke into last week, and now my car Its time to step up my game stronger..

One thing I want is some sort of audible sensor that if the beam gets broke it will alert me inside my house.

My yard is fully fenced in around my back, and so are my neighbors, so theres only one way to get to my car and thats my driveway (unless your feeling strong and want to lift heavy subs over a fence) lol.

So I figure if I get a sensor going across my driveway I will be alerted before anyone makes it to my car, I got a decently long driveway.

Then I know I want 2 cameras for sure. I guess since ill be on a budget Ill need to sacerfice for black and white. I know Ive seen those little outdoor globes that move by either your control, or they track movement, that be nice, but out of budget. So I figured maybe one camera under my overhang in the rear of my house out of site pointed where my car parks, and maybe one in my garage attic window pointing over the top of my car into the street.

I got a spare tv I can hook the cameras up to, and I also got a spare lcd monitor and a server I could hook the camera system up to.

Do I need any type of switching unit for the cameras?

Someone said something about harbor frieght or something like that, but I dont got none around my area that I know off.

Edited by audiofanaticz

check out tigerdirect.com, they have allot of different cams.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

i have been thinking about getting this myself.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...14&csid=_21

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

That looks like a do able kit lance!

It runs off a pc, so Id assume theres some sort of softwear used to record, also i see its motion sensored too.

I quite dont need that many cameras tho, I think that dome is indoor and that wont do any good really, unless I put it in my garage.

Id still like something that will alert me audible when someone comes in my driveway.

I checked harbor freight, and besides 3 different types of dummy cameras, they only have one real camera which costs almost the same as the fake ones. I dont think that will be any intreast to me.

I looked at that package some more..

Seems decent, but wont do what I want it to do.

It seems that I misunderstood the dome camera, It is only a wall or stand upright model, ceiling mounting must give you an upside down image.

While the software allows pan, tilt, and zoom features the dome camera does not, you need to drop a few hundred on a p/t/z camera.

Not to mention the dome camera is indoor use only.

Tho that dome camera seems to have motion detection which is its only plus.

The 2 matching cameras that come with that unit are outdoor, but they lack IR features, so they would be no good in limited to dark situations.

So now that is 3 out of 4 cameras that would be useless to me in the most part... :(

The 4th camera seems to do what I would want it to do minus the motion detection, which is not needed but a plus.

So I priced out buying just the pci card w/ software and there is a 2 camera bundle, but when you buy the 2 pack for $100, you only get 30 foot cables. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=Q300-2360

Or you can buy 2 single cameras and get a 60 foot cable with both but then your looking at $120http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1538008&Sku=Q300-2184

So its 20$ more then the 2 pack, but longer cables, and would be cheaper then buying cable extenstions at $20 a piece.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=1926

But they have these other cameras that have a 60 foot cable and night vision up to 60 feet for $70 each. So I think If I buy 2 of those for $140 and have the longer cables and longer viewing distance I will be a head instead of buying the other 2 pack for $100 and having to spend an additional $40 on cables.

So It looks like it will be 2 of these http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=Q300-2370

and then the card and software http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=Q300-2108

About $210 which comes in $40 cheaper then the one 4 camera kit, and I will have 2 better cameras then what comes in the kit.

But Im still open to suggustions, I need to get paid before I order and get a damn car window fixed! :(

I'm running out the door for work So I will chime in when I get back. PM me with any questions.

Maybe it's time I wright up and make a sticky of all this useful /useless knowledge I have on the subject. :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i had a lowrider a while back that kept getting messed with so i went to walmart and bought one of their little cheep black and white cameras, comes with a little 6" monitor with 2 channels for 60 and 10 for a 2nd camera. they were water proof and had voice,not to mention a clear pic, for the price they were great.i hooked them up to a vcr and never missed anything i even heard my neighbors 40ft away. like they were talking into the mic. anyway the brand was homeland. also at walmart they have a wireless one that connects to your pc and has something like 60 feet range but my friend has one on his dash that catches the whole front seat that works awesome also. i think he paid around 80 give or take.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/