Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Question.

ImLow78

Ok guys this is the deal. I had a guy that owed me some cash. So instead of him paying me he gave me his subs (JL 15w0's 8ohms) in a sealed enclosure. So now that the day of me finally getting the bug to finish the system in the Tahoe and I'm thinking about building a ported box for my 2 15's.

Here is the dimensions of the box & ports.

External dimensions are W=40 3/4" X H=18 1/4" X D= 24".

It will have one port in each enclosure (I'm separating the box in half so it will have two independent boxes in one with a dividing wall, hints the 3/4" addition in the width measurement for the box). The port dimensions will be I.D=5" x L= 15 1/16".

So what will be the tuning frequency for this enclosure.

I will be powering these subs with a Alpine PDX-1.1000. I'm going to wire them in series to get a 4ohm load.

Also guys I know that these are not the best subs! trust me if I had the cash I would be buying some TC sound subs and I hope to buys some of them when I get back on my feet. So please don't bust my chops to bad of using these subs. Its all I have and can afford at this time in my life.

Thanks guys for the help.

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Umm...

If you wired the subs in series, you'd get a 16ohm load, not 4.

If you were to wire them in parallel, you'd get a 4ohm load.

Tuning frequency, no clue.

Wouldn't 1kw RMS be too much for those subs anyways?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Umm...

If you wired the subs in series, you'd get a 16ohm load, not 4.

If you were to wire them in parallel, you'd get a 4ohm load.

Opps. I wasn't thinking. Its been a long night!

Wouldn't 1kw RMS be too much for those subs anyways?

Yes but I already have the amp. I thought I'd try and keep the gains down for now.

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

I've also been kicking around the thought of doing a Isobaric bandpass box. (I know that most people are against this type of box, thats why I said kicking it around).

Also if anyone has the dimensions of what I would need to do a enclosure like this with port dimensions would be greatly appreciated!

Shannon

Any1 else?

Shannon

Ok guys this is the deal. I had a guy that owed me some cash. So instead of him paying me he gave me his subs (JL 15w0's 8ohms) in a sealed enclosure. So now that the day of me finally getting the bug to finish the system in the Tahoe and I'm thinking about building a ported box for my 2 15's.

Here is the dimensions of the box & ports.

External dimensions are W=40 3/4" X H=18 1/4" X D= 24".

It will have one port in each enclosure (I'm separating the box in half so it will have two independent boxes in one with a dividing wall, hints the 3/4" addition in the width measurement for the box). The port dimensions will be I.D=5" x L= 15 1/16".

So what will be the tuning frequency for this enclosure.

I will be powering these subs with a Alpine PDX-1.1000. I'm going to wire them in series to get a 4ohm load.

Also guys I know that these are not the best subs! trust me if I had the cash I would be buying some TC sound subs and I hope to buys some of them when I get back on my feet. So please don't bust my chops to bad of using these subs. Its all I have and can afford at this time in my life.

Thanks guys for the help.

Shannon

One last bump and then I'll let this die. Could some1 give me the tunning Feq. for this enclosure.

Thanks guys!

Shannon

Archived