Second Skin Audio

Bandpass

i honestly am not planning on using the MT

will be Mach 5 MJ's if i decide to do this.

no plexi, but that can change

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

changing port surface area affects upper bass response to... u could look into that

how many sqin for ur 6.5@28hz box

u really shoudnt need to go below 25hz to get pretty flat so long as it has a good bl curve

now if you were asking how to get a flat response out of a brahma or old xxx it would be easier since those subs designs are built around consistancy throught freqs

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

first off, I didn't read word for word this thread, just skimmed it, but if you think tuning 18s to 28 hz in a bandpass box is going to help, think DOUBLE 28, then you will get a better SQ sound

NO, if tuning around 50hz it will not peak at 50 hz, but that is more along the guide lines of where the low pass will begin in a bandpass,(hence the term bandpass) tuned 50hz CORRECTLY, you will see more of a 25-50hz freq response, and Yeah bandpass boxes rely about 60% on Transfer function of the vehicle

BEST way to do it , is to start with a calculated tunable port that you can start at around 40, maybe as low as 35 hz, and work your way up to about 60 hz, see what what sounds best, document it, and then build a final port based on your notes- Thats the proper way to do it, just use bass box or some other program to get a good idea on box size, and port area

sorry for the caps, Iam kinda buzzin, had a job interview as a bouncer, and was offered drinks in the interview, so, i didnt say No... lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

first off, I didn't read word for word this thread, just skimmed it, but if you think tuning 18s to 28 hz in a bandpass box is going to help, think DOUBLE 28, then you will get a better SQ sound

NO, if tuning around 50hz it will not peak at 50 hz, but that is more along the guide lines of where the low pass will begin in a bandpass,(hence the term bandpass) tuned 50hz CORRECTLY, you will see more of a 25-50hz freq response, and Yeah bandpass boxes rely about 60% on Transfer function of the vehicle

BEST way to do it , is to start with a calculated tunable port that you can start at around 40, maybe as low as 35 hz, and work your way up to about 60 hz, see what what sounds best, document it, and then build a final port based on your notes- Thats the proper way to do it, just use bass box or some other program to get a good idea on box size, and port area

sorry for the caps, Iam kinda buzzin, had a job interview as a bouncer, and was offered drinks in the interview, so, i didnt say No... lol

is bbp 6 free?

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

if you know people

I have it on my garage comp, not on my good comp inside, because its not Vista compatible

They have a update for vista, but for some reason its not working on vista STILLL

pissin me off

But here think of this, Transfer function (technical name) or Cabin gain is the vehicles natural peak frequency, which is also a natural equalizer

What you would probably want to do is find out what the cabin gain is (Fs) and round that down to the nearest 5hz down (34hz, round down to 30 hz- 28 hz, down to 25 hz) get that number, and double it, that is more than likely what a good number to mess with, not an exact number , but a number to think about- for best low end, of course, a few Hz below that number, or for SPL, a few Hz above that number

its all about octaves higher, and lower than cabin gain

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

if you know people

I have it on my garage comp, not on my good comp inside, because its not Vista compatible

They have a update for vista, but for some reason its not working on vista STILLL

pissin me off

But here think of this, Transfer function (technical name) or Cabin gain is the vehicles natural peak frequency, which is also a natural equalizer

What you would probably want to do is find out what the cabin gain is (Fs) and round that down to the nearest 5hz down (34hz, round down to 30 hz- 28 hz, down to 25 hz) get that number, and double it, that is more than likely what a good number to mess with, not an exact number , but a number to think about- for best low end, of course, a few Hz below that number, or for SPL, a few Hz above that number

its all about octaves higher, and lower than cabin gain

i wanna say the resonant frequency of the bronco was around 52 hz. so iwould go 5 hz below though or so which would be around 45ish hz??

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg