Cut Buddy's Thunderbird Build

Lookin excellent man.

BTW, what kind of glue did you use to put the fleece on your A-pillars?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

nothing special, just regular aerosal spray glue from Home Depot. Same kind I use on everything. the trick is to spray it and wait about 2 mins before u laydaown ur fleece. See when u first sray that glue, its wet. So u let it dry a lil and get really tacky and sticky first. I think it was about $5 for a 20oz can

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

nothing special, just regular aerosal spray glue from Home Depot. Same kind I use on everything. the trick is to spray it and wait about 2 mins before u laydaown ur fleece. See when u first sray that glue, its wet. So u let it dry a lil and get really tacky and sticky first. I think it was about $5 for a 20oz can

Ah I see what you're talking about. Yep, I use that for laying out glass sometimes, spray a thin mist of the glue down then stick the mat to it and it wont move around on you when you come in with resin.

I was just thinking you had used CA glue or something for the edges, had me confused.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

my edges on the pillars came out like shit....I had to do alot of triming on them. i know now to spray a lil on the back and tuck the fleece more around the edges. Couldnt really do it with this mold here because the pillars was a complete cover up and this is a mold. So tommorow I'll trim them down to where I need them to be and then glue my trim rings on. Im off Fri so I'll be able to work on it all day and it will give the glue around the mounts time to dry overnight. I used a screw to mount the plates on the pillars. didnt need much for those even though my 4z are heavier than my stock 5x7s, lol. so be looking for more pix 2morrow a lil after 1pm est time. Trying to keep yall updated if not everyday atleast every other day.

still didnt do much today. wainting till Im off work Fri, but I did however trimmed them down with the jigsaw. I still have to knock off about 1/8" off the bottom and sand the edges but for the most part they match up to the original doors like a champ

Posted Image

Posted Image

I promise, more pix 2morrow

Did alot since I was off work today......on a Friday that shit is like a comet that only comes around every other century, lol.

Posted Image

Got the trim rings together for a family portrait

Posted Image

Mounted and ready for fleece

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spray glued and fleeced up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just some materials. Resin, duraglass short strand bondo, resin and bondo hardener, a cheap but good $1 brush, a orange tray to hold my resin and a cup of acetone to keep my brush clean between jobs.

Posted Image

time to get messy, resin mixed with a chunk of bondo......used a lil more hardener this time cause its kinda cool outside today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If it dries before it gets too late I may have some more pix later on this evening of a layer of mat. If not look for more 2morrow

got into the last stage which is sanding, I hate sanding.

This is what I woke up to today after letting it dry over night

Posted Image

Posted Image

trimmed off some of the extra fleece on the back

Posted Image

Did a light layer of mat any though it really didnt need it. But due to the location they will be mounted at. They are more prone to being kicked. I did a mix but i had a accident, lol. I mixed too much putty hardner so I had to peel it off before it set. Lol, lets just say the Rock wasnt the only one with something cook'n. Didnt really use as much of a mix, it was more resin this time. And I started sanding on 1. Should have them finished sometime this week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Things are looking good...have done the re-check to see how things are fitting???

thanx I test fitted it before I started sanding. Fit pretty good but at the top of the back its a small .25" gap between the original door and the mold going horizontally. I'll go around the back of the edges with a foam sealant strip then cover it with vinyl

thanx I test fitted it before I started sanding. Fit pretty good but at the top of the back its a small .25" gap between the original door and the mold going horizontally. I'll go around the back of the edges with a foam sealant strip then cover it with vinyl

A little trick is to try to leave them on the panel for as long as you can...to prevent warping...but hey a .25 inch aint bad..

Archived