Mids Distorting Like Crazy.need Help

byron2817

well i have mb quarts dwe series component.but now the mids start distorting when i played them in high volumes.i had pioneer components and they would get louder and sounds cleaner.on the 6 1/2 sounds likes there to much voices so it distorts.my radio has a 7band eq and i try setting it up but still getting distortion.

Amp i have is a 4channel soundstream rubicon 404 .400watts

what causes distortion?

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

how did you set your gains? with a dmm? I always turn the reciever to 3/4 volume, all setting of your eq on "0". run a 200 hz test tone at that volume, and using the dmm, measure the ac voltage coming out of the speaker output terminals of the amp. Set it to 50 watts, (whatever voltage that is depends on the ohms also). There you go. That way the speakers are not getting a bad signal, and your amp isn't trying to do more than it was designed to do. Speakers cannot be damaged by underpowering, its clipping, dirty signal that destoys speakers.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Whats the bass level on your deck? Is loudness on? Try turning loudness off if you have it and/ or bass down. There should be a switch on the amp. HPF, FULL, LPF. You want it set at HPF and your crossover set to ~125 Hertz. Make sure you do it on channel 1/2 and 3/4.

i that i did already and same problem.they sound really bad.even my brother truck with stock speakers and stock HU get louder than these,and sound better. im going to try to check them on another amp to see if the amp is the problem.

NEED TO GET LOUDER!!!

Archived