Second Skin Audio

Different Subs Tuned Differently?

timkirkland1

Hey All, it's me again. Well I just finished my buddies box for his 3 MTX TR7515-44's (3 15's) and he already blew one of them, so he is thinking of getting the 8500's instead of the 75's. How will the speakers perform in the box for the 7500s? Should I build a new box, or will the performance not be affected? Any help would be great. Thanks for everything!!

Another quick question, how do you choose how big to make the box?? Is there a similar process to the port calc as to choosing the best cubic feet for a particular sub??

not recommended to mix match subs, this is the MOST COMMON question asked on SMD next to

"Does this make me a ground pounder?"

"What sub should I buy?"

"What amp should I buy?"

"What sub is best?"

But really, no, dont mix match

the speaker cones will move at different speed rates, the cones from the 75s, would probably ruin the suspension, or glue joints of the 1- 8500

Just don't go there

As far as speaker box building, there are many programs online that will tell you what is best.

But what to look for is, a Higher QTS subwoofer will need a larger box than a Lower QTS sub (thiel small parameters)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived