Second Skin Audio

Need Help Deciding On A Box Size For 2 18" Btl's

omg you are god to me right now! thanks sooo much. ill go and remeasure tomorow to see how much more i can get out of the rear end. im thinking of maybe building like a dent into the box like steve did for his batterys but more extreme to get like maybe another 2 cubes out of each box. but still be able to get to my storage compartment. so i think ill actualy take some cardboard and make the box depth and the dent into it for the storage hatch so i can get some plans. the links wont open for the diagrams =[ ill be on tomorow after 12:30 i get off of skool at noon every day. so yeah

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

oops sorry double post

Edited by mrafrica

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

I edited and fixed the link, i cant remember the embed code, just click it and you should be cool.

do not buy that amp, please, you cant do stuff this legit and strap a piece of junk like that to it

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yeah im not gonna buy that amp i asked about your more then right about it. as far as the box you designed that would be alomost perfect. im gonna go get the measurements for the dent for the box for the floor hatch. yeah im gonna get some rockford 1/0 gauge instalation kits. and then with the 2 gauge ive got im doing the big 3. then im gonna get some kinetic bat's. ill have the measurements later.

ok i went and measured the cargo area and the dent would have to be 11 inchs high. the dent would be 13 long and 11 high then.

the highest i could go would be 22 inchs. i measured for 26 and that only leaves me like 4 to 6 inchs of rear window i beleive. and i dont think i could get the box in the truck then or atleast the second one.

no more help???? ive got some more questions about some stuff. like i went to home depot and looked at particle board/ mdf. and the underlayment particle board is like 17.00 a sheet and the mdf is 30 a sheet. which is better? idc about price

birch>mdf

partile board is JUNK.....

Your not gonna power 1 let alone 2 BTLs with just the big 3....I hope you get one well paying job b/c your looking at atleast 1 high output alt and SEVERAL large batteries such as PowerMaster D3100 or Kinetik HC2400....oh and don't even think about optimas....

Measure the volume of space you have to work with and figure how many cubic feet you have....remember subs, ports, and bracing take up airspace aswell so make the enclosure larger to accommodate those things.

I personally would not tune BTLs that high I would shoot more for 30-33hz...

Also I keep seeing where you say should I go with dual 1ohm coils or dual 2....well I'm gonna break it down for ya.

1 Dual 1ohm sub wires 0.5ohm parallel and 2ohms series

2 Dual 1ohm subs wire 1 ohm when you wire the subs first in series and then parallel together

2 Dual 1ohm subs wire 0.25ohm when you wire the subs first in parallel and then parallel together

1 Dual 2ohm sub wires 1ohm parallel and 4ohm series

2 Dual 2ohm subs wire 2ohm when you wire the subs series and then parallel together

2 Dual 2ohm subs wire 0.5ohm when you wire the subs in parallel and then parallel together

and for the record I don't see you completing this as it will get expensive and you don't have the experience required to run a system of this magnitude.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

agreed

my honest suggestion is atleast one VERY beefy alt, a new battery under the hood, big three, atleast 2 beefy (like a d3100 powermaster or hc2400 kinetik) batteries in the back. that is an assload of power to be playing with if you dont have some experience. Not to mention a box to handle that kind of power has to be very strong and well built, and unless you have some experience with boxes, or atleast carpentry, youre pretty screwed.

not to mention, the budget gets huge, its a kick in the ass when you spend 2 grand on batteries, wires, fuses, terminals, shrinkwrap, screws, glue, etc.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i have ALOT of exsperience with carpentry, wiring, mechanical systems and all sorts of stuff along those lines. im the person who always has some kind of project going on thats big and complicated to others. yeah i know the big 3 will not be suficient enough for this project. ive been looking at batteries and i was looking at the d3100 powermaster. i found them to be under 350 a piece. and yeah i know yellow tops are out of the question. beleive me im not that much of a noob. i just have some unanswered questions that i wanted some good input on and thought this would be the place to get the help. i apreciate all the concern for my abilitys and whatnot. and as far as the well paying job. ive got an ok one. it will be able to handle my car audio projects. thanks for the answer on the wood question. i was thinking of going ith the mdf anyways because it just seemed to look better side by side with the particle board. ive got most of the tools myself for doing the carpentry work. and if i dont have a tool i know family friends who are very into wood working who can help me out with the tools.