Second Skin Audio

Help With Designing Box For 1 Btl 18

i see that your putting an AQ2200 to it.. is the BTL fully loaded and do you plan on putting more power to it later if so smaller is better definetly i think your latest demensions will put you at a mid to high 6 cubes after all displacement b/c those are the measurements that im using to design my box for my 18Q except 2" shorter

Edited by jayjay6888

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

Guys, I have been playing around with RE's online ported box calculator and pretty much have it all figured out. .

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

I have a question though. The calculator gives inputs for 2 square port lengths. My question is, does the port have to make a 90* turn in the box? I am able to get my desired frequency with only one port board and no turn internally, but I'm not sure if the turn is needed or not.

Thanks, Dan.

Guys, I have been playing around with RE's online ported box calculator and pretty much have it all figured out. .

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

I have a question though. The calculator gives inputs for 2 square port lengths. My question is, does the port have to make a 90* turn in the box? I am able to get my desired frequency with only one port board and no turn internally, but I'm not sure if the turn is needed or not.

Thanks, Dan.

I'm still wondering about this, thanks.

^^side firing ports for the good sounding win. :)

which BTL? this year's or last year's model? rule of thumb with the ports, aim for 7 - 11 sqin of port per cubic foot of box.

don't be scurred of the calculations, though. for internal volume, all it is, is length times width times height, then divided by 1728. shazzamn, you've got volume in cuft.

Get in the vehicle, take some dimensions, and give us more to work with in terms of "how much room is he willing to give up"

using your formula for a 5 cube box thats 35-55sq in port kinda seems small imo