The Tiny 700cu Ft. Ht Sub

What?

I need two more. :P

You need more Mach 5 now sells the "improved" MJ18's with more Xmax and larger motor(err magnetic structure).

You need more...

Mach 5 SPL 15's ...these will get you massive SPL...provided the clean juice is there.

I aint sellin my MJ18's ...even if these will be replaced by Sound Splinter 18's and ...I will be adding two FiCar Audio BTL 18's(when they answer my email... :search: . )

I could break windows with much less,there is now a reinforced(braced) ply structure behind the sub wall to protect the windows. With only four 15's going for it there is enough SPL to embarass any single commercial home subwoofer. WIth the whole setup running, like being in a SPL walled van,the walls have serious flex.

There is a mezanine built overhead, and everything is bolted(lag bolts) and glued.

The so called missmatch...there is none,the subs take over from 60Hz on down. No timbre matching here,and every pair of subs is EQ'd to give a flat in room response to ~10Hz. When you have ten 18's and ten 15's plus two JL Auadio Fathom f113's in a 700cu ft room with massive gain in the bass...headroom reigns supreme.

I have eight 15AMP lines, four 20AMP lines and two 40AMP 240V(redirected from stove and dryer to juice this system. The Crown iTech's work on 240V ...the only downside the QSC PL380's run on 120V. So There is "only" 2400W to feed each PL380(capable of sucking ~4KW ).

Why not use audiophile powr amps for subs,because they would be wasted and cost would skyrocker for NOTHING. Capable pro amps like the Crown iTech,MacroTech and QSC's PowerLight are capable of powerfing FiCar BTL's,TC's LMS-5400's and the most power hungry drivers made. Plus these amps have a level of control in the bass few High-End amps have.

I know in a car is one thing due to internal airspace of the car, and home is different, but I still cant see how like 5 or 10 ( I have no idea how many different styles you have) subs whose cones all move at different rates of speed due to suspension, and excursion limits

What I can, and do believe might be happening is since all the subs are peaking at different freqs, there is major cancelation, but the room gains at another frequency due to its size

Eventually all the bass waves will align somewhere, just depends where, 10hz, 20 hz, 200 hz, 2000 hz

Maybe you got lucky and they all aligned at say 20 hz?

I wouldnt mind doing something like this, but more like Royal Device's under ground 16-18s horn build

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Dayyyyyyum dude, What do you have for "mids and highs" and what kind of tv are you running? I bet your neighbors hate you haha

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

You need more Mach 5 now sells the "improved" MJ18's with more Xmax and larger motor(err magnetic structure).

You need more...

Mach 5 SPL 15's ...these will get you massive SPL...provided the clean juice is there.

I aint sellin my MJ18's ...even if these will be replaced by Sound Splinter 18's and ...I will be adding two FiCar Audio BTL 18's(when they answer my email... :search: . )

I have two of the old MJ's already and am working with a limited budget.

I want to do 4 18's.

Not sure if I'd ever be the first person to do so in a Bronco II, but fuck it, I'ma do it.

The resonant frequency of each driver and Q of each sub is close enough to not have serious issues.After each identical pair is "corrected" using a PEQ.To obtain a near identical response to the master set of subs(TC Sounds LMS-Ultra).

All are SEALED,all have PEQ correction applied,all can work in unison...you would be surprised how the whole wall and side walls are integrated. You do not hear "the sub",bass only there where information is present. And not there to drown the mains,there to provide reaching depths nearing single digits!

As for electricity bills,ha bring them on. I could care less. When you drive a S600 you do not cry about gas prices......or do you. If I was on a tight budget I would never even dare build 1/20TH of the system I have.

As for electricity bills,ha bring them on. I could care less. When you drive a S600 you do not cry about gas prices......or do you. If I was on a tight budget I would never even dare build 1/20TH of the system I have.

Could you find it in your heart to help fund some of my project.

Specifically two MJ18's S8 Coils. :give_rose::friends::air_kiss:

Very nicely done sir. An example of how a little bit of equalisation and common sense can link similar drivers together. I bet that this may just be one reason to look forward to the end of a day's work.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Just to make one thing clear.

Electricity here in Montreal,Canada does not cost as much as in some American states(err over priced),electricity here is mostly produced by hydro electric plants. No choal,nuclear plants that produce electricity ...at a much higher cost. This way my electric bill floats around 250-$300 month on average.

This system has 16 power amps , in total during normal listening power consumption floats around 11 AMPS only (gets F loud thank you very much),I measured using one APC conditionner with AMPERAGE meter. I was surprised to see only 11 AMPS drawn by all 16 amplifiers!!! During normal use they are spread on the dedicated lines,making nearly impossible to set the breakers. As the SPL would reach way passt 140dB and cause damage.

Archived