I just remembered this when I saw pix of a early 00s Silverado.

My dad bought a 2000 Silverado Z71 W/5.3 from a company who used it to go from city to city, highway. It had 220,000 on it when we traded it in 04 IIRC.

When we bought it, the tires were worn sooo bad you could see the belting in them.

However, when you'd take off from a stoplight, the truck would clunk.

We could not figure out what it was, we was firguring the trans was crapping out.. We mentioned this to the sellers.

I think we were on vacation when dad was loading stuff into the back of it, and he saw a golf ball in the side pockets of the bed. He took it out and it never clunked no more.

Golf balls save money.. haha

Edited by Gearstix

If the clunk turns out not to be the golf ball don't worry, we took our 2004 in and they said that alot of the transmissions clunked from 2nd to 3rd and there was not a fix for it, nor was it harmful

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

If the clunk turns out not to be the golf ball don't worry, we took our 2004 in and they said that alot of the transmissions clunked from 2nd to 3rd and there was not a fix for it, nor was it harmful

It never did clunk after.

Our 97 Ford F350 service truck we have shifts rather rough, but the dealer said some of them were like it, and there was no fix for it.

Plus the truck only has 100,000kms on it, and the trans was leaking, replaced the seal and it still leaks... but not enough to notice on the stick.

my hoe was doing that for awhile. after you would stop then release the brakes a little bit, it would do the same thing clunk. i guess the nickel on the yoke was wore off. i just got my tranny rebuilt also the tranny mount was broken do that didnt help either. glad to hear it wasent your tranny cause unless you got a hell of a hook up like i got rebuilt tranny is about $1000

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Woow you just made my day Bass junkie ive been wondering what the hell the clunking in my truck is from

haha yeah my dad was trippin over the clunk because the truck only had 12,000 miles on it, turns out its normal.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.