to me , if your gonna spend that much money on this project , just go with a notch and wheel tubs , in the end you will be glad you did , trust me on that , the cutting off your bed is not that big of a deal , you wont lose your whole bed to the notch cover and wheel tubs , you will have plenty of space for your subs and whatever else you want to put back there ..................... btw, if you go with the KP 6-link , get the full rear differential wrap replacement made by SD, it uses all of your rearend bolts instead of just the top ones like the KP does , it will eventually make it leak from the rear end housing (the KP one)....................................

http://www.suicidedoors.com/4-link-parts/s...p-s10-link-kits

That?

Whats the major difference between the 4 and 6 link?

a 6 link is usually a bolt-on setup and that the bars go foward and rearward of your axle and it's a bag on bar design , most people get it cause like i said , it's a bolt on design ( the geometry is built into it , where a 4-link , you have to and can change the setting up of the geometry of it ) did that make sense, i hope it did , not quite sure :huh: ............ and YES , that is exactly what i was reffering to , read the description and see why i think you should use it ........

a 6 link is usually a bolt-on setup and that the bars go foward and rearward of your axle and it's a bag on bar design , most people get it cause like i said , it's a bolt on design ( the geometry is built into it , where a 4-link , you have to and can change the setting up of the geometry of it ) did that make sense, i hope it did , not quite sure :huh: ............ and YES , that is exactly what i was reffering to , read the description and see why i think you should use it ........

Oh I know that the SD 10 bolt diff thingy was better... it makes sense really.

So is the 6 link adjustable or is it pre-set... Biggest worry I have is the aligmnet of everything so the truck drives straight and it all functions normally and if I notch the bed, it will be straight and strong, but with a pro welder... I think I should be good.

I think you can buy the pinion things from JTR...

uhh

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/S-10_Order.html#blocks its there somewheres..

Oh I know that the SD 10 bolt diff thingy was better... it makes sense really.

So is the 6 link adjustable or is it pre-set... Biggest worry I have is the aligmnet of everything so the truck drives straight and it all functions normally and if I notch the bed, it will be straight and strong, but with a pro welder... I think I should be good.

I think you can buy the pinion things from JTR...

uhh

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/S-10_Order.html#blocks its there somewheres..

like i said before , the KP 6link is specifically made for s10's , so yeah it's pre-set , it just bolts on . you should have no problem doing the notch , just take your time and measure, measure and measure again before you weld :good: , just tack weld it , make sure that it's level and it's not gonna hit your axle , THEN weld the outside and inside pieces, weld the top piece , cut out the frame inbetween the new notch pieces , then weld up the bottom piece ( i think you know what i mean by top and bottom piece , right !! ) it 's prety basic if you MEASURE correctly ................ :good:

like i said before , the KP 6link is specifically made for s10's , so yeah it's pre-set , it just bolts on . you should have no problem doing the notch , just take your time and measure, measure and measure again before you weld :good: , just tack weld it , make sure that it's level and it's not gonna hit your axle , THEN weld the outside and inside pieces, weld the top piece , cut out the frame inbetween the new notch pieces , then weld up the bottom piece ( i think you know what i mean by top and bottom piece , right !! ) it 's prety basic if you MEASURE correctly ................ :good:

Yeah I know how to do the notch.. I have looked at a few photos of bag builds, trying to educate myself... hmm.... I wish I knew what fittings and junk to use... would be really nice if I could sit down on SDs site and pick out everything I would need.

Yeah I know how to do the notch.. I have looked at a few photos of bag builds, trying to educate myself... hmm.... I wish I knew what fittings and junk to use... would be really nice if I could sit down on SDs site and pick out everything I would need.

why can't you ?????

Cause I don't know what I need exactly.. I don't know what goes with which.. like fittings and lines and gauges and shit.

Plus I don't want MONSTER lift, but more than stock would be neat..

go to FBIRIDES .com , go to bottom of their home page , on the left it will have '' installation guides '' , click it , find either f.b.s.s airbag assembly diagram , maximize the screen , look in the middle of the diagram and it lists every fitting u need ...........

Archived