I have a 1994 GMC Sonoma.

I phoned Suicide Doors, was chatting with one of the guys, can't remember his name. He suggested that I bag the front of my truck and use air shocks out back until I could afford to do the rear.

However I don't really want to cut into my bed floor as thats where my box will go.

I'm also going to be doing a engine swap on my truck so I need something that will be able to handle more weight.

How hard is it to bag the front of a S-Series? How much would it cost? I kinda like the idea of the air shocks in the rear too...

I've checked on a few S-Series forums but I figured I'd ask here as there seems to be some knowledge here.

Are airbag setups reliable for daily use?

you should be able to bag the front of your truck in a day. It should run about a G for parts give or take. Run Slam Specialty's rs 7s or larger I wouldn't run air shocks out back with a v8. You could run a home made wish bone style KP link with small rims and tires or even a 15 by 10 and still have every thing under the bed.

I have a 1994 GMC Sonoma.

I phoned Suicide Doors, was chatting with one of the guys, can't remember his name. He suggested that I bag the front of my truck and use air shocks out back until I could afford to do the rear.

However I don't really want to cut into my bed floor as thats where my box will go.

I'm also going to be doing a engine swap on my truck so I need something that will be able to handle more weight.

How hard is it to bag the front of a S-Series? How much would it cost? I kinda like the idea of the air shocks in the rear too...

I've checked on a few S-Series forums but I figured I'd ask here as there seems to be some knowledge here.

Are airbag setups reliable for daily use?

you can use a bolt in notch or a under-the-bed notch (get it from AVS ) then you can still bag your truck front and back or fbss , but if you want to just bag the front , then just lower the back ( lowering blocks ) , that way u can save some more money to get better quality parts ( valves, fittings, good bags) . and yes , properly done , bag set-ups are very reliable for daily use ..... price wise , get suicide doors front bag setup , comes with bags , bag cups and some fittings , it goes for $220.00 . overall , for just a front set-up , your looking to spend about $650 - $850 . hope this helps . btw , air shocks are not a good choice , cause once you bag the front , YOU WILL want to bag the back too !!! so spending money on those air shocks would be not wise , just save up for when u bag the back :D

you can use a bolt in notch or a under-the-bed notch (get it from AVS ) then you can still bag your truck front and back or fbss , but if you want to just bag the front , then just lower the back ( lowering blocks ) , that way u can save some more money to get better quality parts ( valves, fittings, good bags) . and yes , properly done , bag set-ups are very reliable for daily use ..... price wise , get suicide doors front bag setup , comes with bags , bag cups and some fittings , it goes for $220.00 . overall , for just a front set-up , your looking to spend about $650 - $850 . hope this helps . btw , air shocks are not a good choice , cause once you bag the front , YOU WILL want to bag the back too !!! so spending money on those air shocks would be not wise , just save up for when u bag the back :D

this is the way to do your s-10.

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..

My suggestion to you..is to save until you can afford to do the whole thing at once. And if you do not have any fab experience, I also suggest you take it to a reputable shop to have it done. It may cost you more up front, but if it's a good shop it will save you a lot of headache, time and money in the long run. They will also be able to optimize your rear suspension for your needs.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

My suggestion to you..is to save until you can afford to do the whole thing at once. And if you do not have any fab experience, I also suggest you take it to a reputable shop to have it done. It may cost you more up front, but if it's a good shop it will save you a lot of headache, time and money in the long run. They will also be able to optimize your rear suspension for your needs.

There are no reputable shops around me. Honestly. Theres 2 audio shops in my town, a few stores... thats it.

I was thinking of getting a bolt on backhalf from SD and there front end kit.

backhalf.. http://www.suicidedoors.com/4-link-kits/th...lf-super-pivots

one of the forums there on they have a special or something for the front end kit.

I have a fully ticketed professional welder in the family, I myself can weld and my fathers a mechanic. Plus my cousin whos staying at my house is an electrician.

I'm definitely going to wait to do my bags until I get the truck straightened out.

I guess I could do a bolt on 3 link or something...

yeah , the bolt on back half from Suicide Doors is a very good choice . if you are a member of S10 forum.com , they offer members a good deal on a front kit . my opinion is to get the back half and the front kit with Slam Specialties air bags , i know alot of people are lookin at the Airlift Dominators , but trust me , you will not find a better bag than the Slams (better ride , more lift , and they dont ballon out ; get wider with more psi , ) so good luck with your build , Suicide doors has ALL your parts you need and has the best customer service anywhere .......

Archived