Sundown Audio

Fusion Fca4000d @ 16v

avs20

huh... i wonder if thats the issue with my sundown. Its not going into protect thou. Did the voltage drop quite a bit on the remote prior to going 16v?

We are talking 16v systems with 16v remote wires. Not 12v systems with 16v remote wires. Not sure what setup you are running, just wanted to clarify..

ya i know... You cant run 16v thru the entire car. So if you had a HC16v and used one post for the system and one for the car, or a step down module or we the car would still be 12v. Since HU's arent 16v stable and they are wired thru the car harness in 99% of cases the HU is still 12v. Even assuming it was 16v and worked not sure if it would then put 16v on the remote output. So Unless im completely off base the only correct way to get a 16v remote is to wire a relay to the 16v power source.

TO clarify my setup is a second electrical system. Ohio gen with an external regulator at 18.4, 2 HC16v batteries but the remote to my sub amp is off the HU so its not at 16v in any way shape or form.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

just hit up jacob and the remote should be the same as the supply voltage. Lol i would have never guessed that as an issue and without this thread i wouldnt have questioned it. Im not sure if thats the case with the fusion but im assuming so

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

My friend had to modify the protection in his to get it to run consistently at 16v. (I think because of fluctuations 18v+)

I'm from New Zealand (home of Fusion) so I could probably talk to some of their tech staff including the guy who designs most of their amps (except the 4000D which is a clone :()

EDIT: Spoke to Fusion, 16v (well, up to 18v) on the power AND remote is fine :)

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

My friend had to modify the protection in his to get it to run consistently at 16v. (I think because of fluctuations 18v+)

I'm from New Zealand (home of Fusion) so I could probably talk to some of their tech staff including the guy who designs most of their amps (except the 4000D which is a clone :()

EDIT: Spoke to Fusion, 16v (well, up to 18v) on the power AND remote is fine :)

Could you ask em if this amp will handle high 18's for voltage? :)

Ok... inside word is this (although it's all unofficial of course, if your shit blows up)

They have bench tested up to 20v (:o) at which point they make a rediculous amount of power, but to run this you have to modify the overvoltage protection, and its for burps only.

They will be OK to 18v but anything over that without modification and the protection will give you trouble.

Hope this helps :)

I can possibly get the bench-test results for all the voltages too, will see.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!