Good Freq. To Tune A Fi Ssd 15 To

Hello all, im currently building a box for an SSD 15 i'm buying from a fellow member of our SMD forums, I have built a box measuring 22x19x17, I want to know what I should tune it to :D

however, I dont know a good frequency to tune to, I just what something that will slam hard without overdoing it (its gonna get 500w rms per coil, hopefully that will get it moving :D) , I just want to know what will push some air and get loud, presumably a tuning frequency to utilize how much air its able to push... cant think of the name for it as of this minute... but er yea, what should I tune it to peoples?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

kk thanks :D

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

I would prefer closer to 30 than 35, myself. 30-32 or so.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

so does that mean I should go for 33Hz then?

also, I listen to your stuff a lot Bigpimpin91, this is how I dropped the picture in the hall >.> (that was when I was running 2 15s, 2 12s and 2 10s [ 2 BOSS SPL 15s (riot I think), 2 Lightning Audio P4.12.4 (they're good starters), 2 MTX Audio T.6000 10s (excellent subs)

(just figured I'd tell you :D )

-- a little bit later -- (edit)

I did the calculation on 33hz for my massive 3.74 cuft box (its big for me because it was for my original 8s when I built it XD)

and I came up with a solution of how im building the slot port, but first I need to ask if it sounds right to you

height - 3

width - 20

vent length - 23.31

Edited by Sniper

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

so does that mean I should go for 33Hz then? Yes.

also, I listen to your stuff a lot Bigpimpin91, this is how I dropped the picture in the hall >.> (that was when I was running 2 15s, 2 12s and 2 10s [ 2 BOSS SPL 15s (riot I think), 2 Lightning Audio P4.12.4 (they're good starters), 2 MTX Audio T.6000 10s (excellent subs)

(just figured I'd tell you :D )

Another avid fan.

You are welcome.

• 1 month later...

I'd do 32hz. Its keeps you in the good low note range high note ranges as well. Think about it. Then again its your setup so 33hz.-34hz. is cool too I dont recommend nothing above it. Fi generally Recommends 33hz. so do what you do but heres my 20 + 2 cents :).

Very Very Soon 2 Come???

(1):2002 Chevy Blazer Xtreme (2-dr. with Sunroof)

(4):15'' Orion Hcca's

(1):Stetsom V 14K2D

(6):Kicker PKD1 (Ampkit)

Ported:14 Cuft. (After all displacements) Tuned to 34hz. 3/4 MDF

(8):Screws for terminals (Better solid connection no leaks)

(1):Dynamat xtreme license plate kit

(1):Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

(3):300amp HO Alternators

(4):Kinetik HC 3800 Batts.

(1)Rockford Fosgate Power T8004 (For Mids & Highs)

(4)Rockford Fosgate Power T162S (Mids & Highs)

(3):Kicker PKD4 Ampkit (For Mids & Highs)

(1):Kinetik HC 1800 (under the hood or yellow top)

(1):Viper 5701 (p/n 5202V) ALARM

Big III will be done (beefing up my electrical system) etc.

Goal:154.9db-159.5db