Second Skin Audio

3 W7 Or 2 L7?

Heh I would say it's fairly unlikely that he does 150's with that setup. Maybe mid 140's.

If you really want to win, make a ~5 cube box with an ENORMOUS port. Maybe 4 6" aeros if you can get them. Even with only a shade over 2000w you should get close to 150 if you do the box right.

It'll sound like shit and you'll have to tune to 50+ probably but it'll put up good numbers on the meter :D

EDIT: Just looked at your car.... urgh... good luck :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

2-3 cubes per 15L7?? You'll get raped

Why is that? Explain please...

I have 40 wide, 40 deep, and 17 high to play with. What is wrong with my car? :)

Edit: Nevermind woofer swapping. Here is a OLD pic of the area I am working with. (The space that goes into the trunk)

100_3717.jpg

Edited by solo_x18

Derp.

Ok can you do a half-wall type thing sealing off the trunk with everything firing forward?

Put a sub on each side and 2 6" aeros in the middle. 8 cube (before displacement) box and tune to whatever gets you the highest number.

With 17" to play with you have just enough room for a 15" sub and a layer of 1" MDF top and bottom - perfect :) Don't know about the ports though...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Ok can you do a half-wall type thing sealing off the trunk with everything firing forward?

Put a sub on each side and 2 6" aeros in the middle. 8 cube (before displacement) box and tune to whatever gets you the highest number.

With 17" to play with you have just enough room for a 15" sub and a layer of 1" MDF top and bottom - perfect :) Don't know about the ports though...

Thats the plan. What about a swappable port? like tuned at 32 for daily and around 40-50 for comps? Can that be done with a reg. vented type build?

Between 3-6 cubes is recommended for 15" L7's in vented applications. I could go bigger no problem, just not sure as to what though.

Derp.

Thats the plan. What about a swappable port? like tuned at 32 for daily and around 40-50 for comps? Can that be done with a reg. vented type build?

Between 3-6 cubes is recommended for 15" L7's in vented applications. I could go bigger no problem, just not sure as to what though.

Yeah you can do a swappable port... I would recommend doing a 'plate' you can swap out, daily with 1x 6" aeroport and for SPL a huge ass rectangular port. I just don't know if you'll have enough room on the front baffle for 2x15's and the complications of a swappable port.

Check out Steve's build thread for the current box in his Tahoe, it has a pretty good demonstration of how to do a swappable port.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

recommended yeah is between 3-6...doesn't mean shit though

Really?

So please explain to me why Kickers OWN specs for there OWN woofers don't mean shit.

And please do go in depth with your answer...

Derp.