Second Skin Audio

Need Advice

paco

Hi guys, I'm glad to have found this site. Well I just sold my 4 twelve inch hx2 subwoofers that I had for like 8 years. I haven't been on the car audio world for a while so I'm a bit old school and have a lot of catching up. I have a punch bd1000.1 amp that I bought in 1999. My amp is a 2ohm stable amp and I'm leaning into buying some kicker L7's twelve inch dvc's 2 ohms a piece. Now is this a good choice? If so what dimensions should I be shooting for as far as cubic feet go? Anybody in the Midwest area that knows how to build boxes wants to make some extra $$? I can make my own box but I lack the time. I'm open to any suggestions. I drive a 2006 toyota corolla and I want to pound the living crap out of it :hairtrick: lol.....

Help an old car enthusiast out.

I'm new to all these ports and tuning I'm reading about. Back in the day we didn't have that :spiteful:

Hope to hear your input.

1996 Impala, just a weekend toy Molesting the wicked streets of chitown (next in line for sounds)

2006 Corolla...current audio head ache and money pit

Alpine cda 9881 head unit

pioneer 6x9's

Hiphonics 6.5 components

power acustik tweeters

Not installed but in the to install list:

Hifonics Brutus BXI 2080D 2600 watts rms

2 12" Kicker L7's Dual 4 ohm subs wired at 2 ohms each = 1 ohm load

0 gauge wire, MLA module

S4021019-1.jpg

Yeah that always sucks when your box doesn't fit. What kind of dimensions do the L7's like? Should I consider another type of subwoofer to accomodate my set up? I'm willing to take some vacation from work to make this mini beater sound mean! I'm going to post a pic of the 3 twelves I had on there. I wasn't happy with the small box I had in there ^_^ I had a loud trunk and a quiet cabin. I screwed up by not giving the 3 subs the cubic foot they needed. This is why I'm glad I'm here, I'm going to be a sponge soaking up all the good info.

P1010145.jpg

P1010146.jpg

So who can I turn to for a good box for 2 kicker L7's?

1996 Impala, just a weekend toy Molesting the wicked streets of chitown (next in line for sounds)

2006 Corolla...current audio head ache and money pit

Alpine cda 9881 head unit

pioneer 6x9's

Hiphonics 6.5 components

power acustik tweeters

Not installed but in the to install list:

Hifonics Brutus BXI 2080D 2600 watts rms

2 12" Kicker L7's Dual 4 ohm subs wired at 2 ohms each = 1 ohm load

0 gauge wire, MLA module

S4021019-1.jpg

Archived