Need Help Choosing New Computer....

Ok... to make a really long story short I bought a Gateway Laptop a long time ago and have had nothing but problems with it. full 2 year warentee so the Geek Squad had to "fix" anything that happened to it... ok (If you dont want to read my rant about how retarded Best Buy and the Geek Squad are the question is at the very bottom)

1st : The right hinge to open the comp locked up and broke off the computer....

Geek Squads Fix: came back with rough edges and wouldnt turn on because the didnt plug the fan back in...

ok no big deal they will put "need fixed ASAP" on the order form or what ever to have it back quickly

....4 weeks later

The comp comes back and turns on but either took an hour to start up or would freeze before it even got started and would get so hot i could probably cook on the bottom of it... it also made a click noise every 2 seconds when ever something played through the speakers... and the control buttons wouldnt work.

Nothing was wrong except the hinge when I fisr gave it to them...

Ok so i give it back and without notice they decide to erace everything... not call for 2 and a half weeks and then when I called today told me that they got rid of alot of important things and I get to have a new computer for equal value...

FUCK GEEK SQUAD! :censored:

ok my venting is over...

My question is what brand computer should I look into getting from them now? BESIDE GATEWAY! I kinda lookin at the sony's but yea I know nothing about computers so I figured I would ask so I didnt make another mistake lol. I am able to get 1 up to $899.99

Please LMK asap since I have to go tomorrow to get one.

Thanks, sorry for the rant...:(

Edited by NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

...C'mon I know someone on here knows something about computers! lol

I'm thinking this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218010850846

Decent? Good for the internet, videos, lost of music, and possibly some simple games? I'd think with 250gig hard drive it would have more than enough room for my music lol

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Being that im a mac user id say mac a macbook is great for everyday stuff. I have a macbook pro and love it I also have a mac pro and love it and my dad has a imac. plus on a mac you can emulate windows. the operating system of a mac is a lot better if you get used to it. the only downfall is the price apple knows they have the better operating system and makes you pay for it but with applecare you can live care free. The other week our video card went out sent it in to apple in the morning next day had a brand new video card so its worth the price in my mind.

1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel Regular Cab

I am able to get 1 up to $899.99
that ones isnt bad... vaio's have never gave me problems

personally id rather have a macbook :01nocomment8so:

thanks and yea I would too if I had what $2500? lol

P.S: your avatar pic looks familar lol. I love mine! :)

Being that im a mac user id say mac a macbook is great for everyday stuff. I have a macbook pro and love it I also have a mac pro and love it and my dad has a imac. plus on a mac you can emulate windows. the operating system of a mac is a lot better if you get used to it. the only downfall is the price apple knows they have the better operating system and makes you pay for it but with applecare you can live care free. The other week our video card went out sent it in to apple in the morning next day had a brand new video card so its worth the price in my mind.

I can only get one $900 or less.

Edited by NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

i've got nothing but good things to say about my HP Pavillion dv6k

Price range is good (i paid ~800$) plenty of features, has gone through four semesters of college, and countless hours of box designing and surfing the forums.

only issue is that my A key is loose and thats because my dog pawed the keyboard and snagged it with a claw.

macbooks are good but my argument has always been that a computer 1/3 the price can do everything the mac can, but if its in your budget the macs hold their value and have proven reliability.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Check out www.edealinfo.com. There is a lot of PCs on there in your price range.

Check out these in the dell section

http://www.edealinfo.com/dell/#DH518c

Also for $900, you can build a REALLY nice PC on you own.

Check out www.newegg.com

Thats the thing..... I have a warrenty which means I have to choose from Best Buys selection... If I could get cash back then yes I would love to build a comp. but yea Best Buy sucks... :(

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!