Second Skin Audio

What Kind Of Box For 95 Cobra?

hey guys, I just picked up a 95 cobra. It has the mach 460 system which actuall isn't that bad with the pioneer head unit. It has great mid bass but I need some lows.

I'm not sure what subs I'm going to go with. I want a single dc lvl 3 12. I will probably temporarily run that off my audiobahn crappy amp and then what should I look into getting for it? I was thinking either the dc lvl 3 or possibly a rockford fosgate stage 3 because of how cheep they are and they dont sound too bad.

I know the box depends on the sub and also on the car its going in. I don't have the sub yet but I want to get an idea of what kind of box I will be making. should I go ported or sealed because its a coup? also should I have the sub or subs facing the back or into the seats?

I'm just looking for recommendations because I've never put anything in a car that wasn't a hatchback.

thanks in advance.

you need to provide more info for anybody to give you suggestions...

decide what sub(s) you want...

how much space you have to work with...

type of music/what you are looking for in the system...

budget...

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

ok, well I'm planning on around 180-220 for a sub. I already have an amp that I will be using until I get more money another job and then get an amp to the perameters for the sub. the amp I have is a crappy audiobahn 900 rms which I'm sure isn't doing all of that.

I want to go with a single 12 or if space permits a single 15 that will have good sound quality and decent bass. I listen to mostly rap.

I was thinking an fi q but money wont permit at this time.

so I'm not really set on any sub I'm open to any recommendations.

the trunks pritty big so I have a decent amount of room to work with.