Burban kicks - 1st fiberglass

hey groundpounder2k2...you said drill holes in the plastic kick panel, what exactly will that help do or ensure?

(i have pretty much teh exact same thing going right now, except i made a mold of my kick panel and its not stock, so this is a great tip i am going to do when ever i start....

if you decide to redo these.....it should not be hard to get them apart...

now If you go off the stock kicks again

before you even get to this point....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3007.0;attach=1178;image

rough up the back side with 36 grit,rough up the front side with 36 grit,drill a bunch of 1/4" holes in the plastic kick

put a layer  of fiberglass on the back side,wet it out really good,this will cause the resin to bubble through the 1/4"holes on to the front side.. after it cures sand it with 36 and knock down those bubbles,put a layer of glass on the front side,let it cure

then hit it with 36 grit to rough it up, the glass on each side will bond to itself through the 1/4 holes and sandwich  the plastic.......

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

^ what he said..........

"then hit it with 36 grit to rough it up, the glass on each side will bond to itself through the 1/4 holes and sandwich  the plastic......."

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Archived