How To Get More Volts?! Or Do I Need It More To The Q!

Hey every1, i have NOTHING of the power you guys are running, but here goes.

I have x4 12'' Pioneer D4's, running off a JBL GTO 14001e Amplifier, i recently had big power issues, but relized i had to upgrade to 0AWG Everywhere, and last week me and a friend did the famous BIG 3 in 0awg! (Never relized how important that was) got an improvement of around 0.8v.

I sit at 12.8-9v when bass is hitting hard! but after 5 or so mins the volt will slowly go down to around 12.2-3 but will not go no lower (which is good im guessing) But wondering how i can hit volts of more like 13.5-14.0 mark? Am i right in thinking i will have MORE bass? i say this because when im hitting 12.8v the bass hits awsomely!!!! but when its at 12.3 in then feels alot weeker!

I have a 90a Alt and a Optima Yellow top battery! and running 1500wrms.

Thanks!

Edited by selondontiburon

I really dont want to have 2 batteries, im not sure why, just wud rather the 1! Ill look into this Module thing, but what about upgrading to a 150a Alt?! What would that do for me?

I would definately help!

It depends on the current draw of the amp(s)

I have 6 batteries, a 200 amp alt, and a 50 farad capacitor and I still get HELLA voltage drain.

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

no danger in the amps at 12 volts. any lower and it's dangerous. in some setups, it's necessary to have more than one battery whether you would like more or not. if you havent, i'd definitely upgrade your main battery to the absolute biggest battery you can fit in there. look into kinetiks and powermaster batteries.

as for the alt..yes you want to get a bigger alt than stock. that will also help your voltage sit higher. my alt holds me steady at around 14.4 - 14.5 volts

also...what kind of car do you drive?

Edited by ExpoSport

I really dont want to have 2 batteries, im not sure why, just wud rather the 1! Ill look into this Module thing, but what about upgrading to a 150a Alt?! What would that do for me?

At 12.9 volts you are discharging that YellowTop. You need to see a minimum of 14.7 volts to properly charge that battery, and higher voltages will not damage it. More batteries will provide longer run times before they are depleted.

With a 90 amp alternator, your available power will be much less than that. Modern fuel injected, computer controlled cars have large power needs. Electric fans, A/C etc. all use power too. With 1500w RMS your power consumption far exceeds your total alternator output. You are running on the battery.

Adding a larger alternator will help some, but 150 amps is not enough to run 1500 watts continously. Many high output alternators have poor output at idle, making it necessary to rev the engine for full output.

If you really want it to hit harder, add a battery & keep them fully charged. When your voltage stays above 14.7 you will see a big difference.

The MLA module is available for some (but not all) cars. Depending on what car you have, it may be the only way to raise the charging voltage to keep you batteries fully charged.

'Link

Edited to add:

Sorry, I type slow. I see now that you have a Hyundai, and that you have a high enough voltage (barely) to maintain the YellowTop. More batteries, more alternator - both good ideas. Once you upgrade the alternator, let us know & we will look at Module options for your upgraded unit.

Edited by missinglink

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

i would do another battery anyways, look at stinger, kinetik, or powermaster, not many ppl do optima bats cause there to expensive, my uncle got a $300 optima and it dont work worth a shit and my duralast gold out does it lol, i got a duralast gold under the hood and a stinger sp800 in the back with a 130amp stock alt and my volts dont go under 13.5v when im really jammin, and with the car off my volts dont go under 12.0v at all, what i got system wise is in my sig, ied sudjest(sp) gettin a secondary battery anyways so when u upgrade to bigger amps or what knot u'll have that much more current, its more of a must with 1000wrms and over, all u gotta do is wire it in to ur 0guage power wire and gnd wire u got now, kinda hook it up like a cap but fuse it right at the battery also and u'll be set, hope this helps u out man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif