Vinyl Problem

wow - thats a tough one. i am sure if there is anyway to do it in one piece of material. it looks to me like there will be some stitching. when i build something i try to keep that in mind so i don't have to have something stitched. What about painting it down the center with vinyl side or vinyl center with painted sides.

on a side note - has that box been blocked with a stiff to hard block? it kind of looks like it has some low spots. i only ask becuase if there are some they will telegraph thru the vinyl.

texture coating is a nice alternative.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

wow - thats a tough one. i am sure if there is anyway to do it in one piece of material. it looks to me like there will be some stitching. when i build something i try to keep that in mind so i don't have to have something stitched. What about painting it down the center with vinyl side or vinyl center with painted sides.

on a side note - has that box been blocked with a stiff to hard block? it kind of looks like it has some low spots. i only ask becuase if there are some they will telegraph thru the vinyl.

texture coating is a nice alternative.

Yeah I kinda had my heart set on vinyl but then I realized how hard it would be.....as for low spots, yeah there definitely is some in the pic cuz it was before I worked them out and started body filler. I was still on durglas at this stage...good eye man!

Looking it over..I think it can be done with one piece,with the only seam being the hole in the middle..which could be done in a few different styles!

to be honest, I realized that I dont really feel comfortable tryin this out even if it can be done in 1 piece. My experience with vinyl is not even close to being this involved so I think Im gonna try the texture painting and hope it works out.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco