Latest Bad-ass Cpu / Mainboard Combo - What Is It?

Well I have a few friends in the computer business. An personally once I am older, I would like to become a part of it. Anyways I've also heard that amd is saying it has a 20 percent performance gain over their current stuff, and they're going to be shipping them with higher clocks this time. In the 2.6 - 3.0ghz range. Also they're going have more cache and hopefully that can help them media guys. But I am not sure if they can catch up from a business point of view, intel raped them with 65nm, so they took the whole market out and amd kept on having issues with putting out their 65nm parts. But once they got out barcelona, after a few steppings, it was as fast as intel's offering in the 65nm range. But then intel quickly put out a true quad core and their 45nm stuff, not two dual cores on one die, because they had made so much profit they could easily research and design quicker now. But anyways now intel is trying to copy amd's deal on the memory controller and make it onboard on the CPU, which is supposedly coming out december/january. Well if they can't get it working smoothly, then there might be a chance for AMD to catch up, because this is a new design in the CPU area for Intel and AMD has already had this technology refined for ages. This is the same technology that made everybody crazy for those Athlon's and Opterons. But anyways AMD's 45nm Server processors are rolling out this month hopefully, and then their consumer equipment will roll out. WHY? Well they don't want to loose any market shares on server processors, because thats currently how they're holding up against intel, but if Intel gets that working in Nehalem, AMD is going to be in more deep shit. The reason companies use AMD server procs is because of their crazy memory bandwidth. AMD's stuff is going to be called Shanghai, well at least that is its codename, and with that 20 percent increase, hopefully it will put AMD on Intel's radar.

Edited by Moti
777319156.png

Lol even if it is the "extreme" it's still intel.......Intel blows

AMD Phenom 9950 FTMFW! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Why do you think that?

Both left at stock both are about the same

Now intel overclocks way higher and rules all 3dmark benchmarks

I know the qx9650 can go to 6ghz+ for benching

On water mines runs at 4.5

Do you have a CPUz screenshot of your phenom? Or some 3dmark benchmarks?