Second Skin Audio

Ported And Sealed Box? Vid Up Now***

hmmmm. i'm really interested in this too. i'm trying to help plan out a build that would have multiple woofers but not enough space to port all of them. the idea about having 2 ported boxes and one sealed was floating around. it kinda got shot down because some say the woofers would cancel eachother. anyone tried a sealed and ported box at the same time and had good resultts as well? anyone try it and failed?

Hey Philip, I can see where using different woofer sizes, or different power channels, while trying to put out the same frequencies, could cause cancelation. However, I wouldn't think this would be a problem, if the subs were the same size, and on the same power channel.

Hmmm,

Fish

hmmmm. i'm really interested in this too. i'm trying to help plan out a build that would have multiple woofers but not enough space to port all of them. the idea about having 2 ported boxes and one sealed was floating around. it kinda got shot down because some say the woofers would cancel eachother. anyone tried a sealed and ported box at the same time and had good resultts as well? anyone try it and failed?

My old setup i had was 2 12's ported and 2 12's sealed, and it didnt sound bad, punchy but still got low, not too low (cheap ass woofas)

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

its like a bandpass, only wrong =)

but for real, ive seen a few setups like that and most of them sounded like junk, most of the time the best i could say about them was that it was punchy.

they never were louder than 2 subs in a sealed box, and never much punchier either, as far as im concerned might as well stay sealed.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC