Sonic Electronix

IDK........

I found it and thought it was bad-ass. :D

<<<< 2:17

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I have to admit, your avatar is freaking hilarious man... :clapping:

On topic though, I've had to fix at least 3 kicker amps before and whenever you work on them you just can tell whether or not you're impressed with the way they are built. In two of the amps the leads that connected the rca jacks to the board were simply undone due to a poor FACTORY solder joint. Something you rarely see, yet I saw it on more than one occasion. That was reason enough to me that I wouldn't want to spend alot of money on a kicker amp. The third case was that the legs of the gain potentiometer was broken at the base of the knob. Just those few aspects did NOT impress me with the kicker amps.

Now in all fairness, I've installed kicker amps and have been impressed with them as in they just work. Pretty simple and straight forward, they work for what they do. On sound quality wise, I was not impressed, when it came to adjusting the gains it seemed like the voltage would jump all over the place upon turning the gain knob as if it was a crappy knob (most likely was).

Just not my cup o tea. :(

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I have to admit, your avatar is freaking hilarious man... :clapping:

On topic though, I've had to fix at least 3 kicker amps before and whenever you work on them you just can tell whether or not you're impressed with the way they are built. In two of the amps the leads that connected the rca jacks to the board were simply undone due to a poor FACTORY solder joint. Something you rarely see, yet I saw it on more than one occasion. That was reason enough to me that I wouldn't want to spend alot of money on a kicker amp. The third case was that the legs of the gain potentiometer was broken at the base of the knob. Just those few aspects did NOT impress me with the kicker amps.

Now in all fairness, I've installed kicker amps and have been impressed with them as in they just work. Pretty simple and straight forward, they work for what they do. On sound quality wise, I was not impressed, when it came to adjusting the gains it seemed like the voltage would jump all over the place upon turning the gain knob as if it was a crappy knob (most likely was).

Just not my cup o tea. :(

now that you mention that, i think that could be the problem... possible amp leads... that makes sense to me, my gain know is soooo loose, like bass boost and eq are semi firm, gain is loose and twists everywhere, then everyone's mentioning the RCA's so i may have to check that...

personally i've never even opened an amp up and don't want kicker to say some stupid shit and try voiding the warranty, i've looked at it like i want kicker to fix it and deal with it

but as I say and other people agree, this was the fourth time this amp has gone out. They promised a new one and sent me the same one again... they need some serious customer service changes or something. and well I call on monday, i'm going straight to the manager or supervisor because obviously the people taking the phone calls and fixing the stuff don't care much about there job or the company.

don't get me wrong, i love kicker, but just happened to get the bad amp in the bunch.

look at my sig... I strongly support kicker, but i have my L7 posted up everywhere, and when i get rid of it, i'm going DC all the way.

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png