Sonic Electronix

So you may know, i purchases my zx1500.1 on aug. 1st from a kicker authorized site.

got it, didn't work, shipped it out the same day to kicker.

got it back, worked for 5 minutes then bam, no output, sent it back the next day again.

got it back, worked for probably an hour then it shut off and never came back.

I called and told them i am fed up with shipping my amp back and recieving the same one that is always broken. I specifically spoke with a woman named Jan (sp.)? and she said she understands and they would send me a completely new amp and they're sorry for the incovinience.

got my amp back yesturday... same fucking broke dick amp that always goes out, not a new one as promised. ran it for a while, go out to my car this morning and it doesn't work.

this will be the fourth time i've had to ship in the same fucking amp, and i don't want a new kicker amp regardless, i want my money back.

i'm tired of this bullshit and will be looking for another amp pushing roughly 1500 watts and i'm leaning towards the sundown 1500d

any suggestions and what is there for me to do???

ALSO before people blame it on bad wiring, etc. while my amp was gone i've had the zx750.1 running for about two weeks, no problems, then i stuck in a highfonics brutus 1600 or whatever it is, and never had any troubles with them, just the same old shitty amp they keep sending me back.

Edited by a_steezy

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

If they are sending u back the same amp then i do agree that is shitty...

What size wire are u running...kickers are power hungry as u may know...the 1500 is a big step up from the 750...

But again, they promised u a new amp and u didnt get it...that sux bro :(

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If they are sending u back the same amp then i do agree that is shitty...

What size wire are u running...kickers are power hungry as u may know...the 1500 is a big step up from the 750...

But again, they promised u a new amp and u didnt get it...that sux bro :(

ya i'm running the 1/0 awg. for the zx1500 and for the zx750 and brutus 1600 i had to use the distrobution blocks and the two things of 4awg that came with my wiring kit, one for ground, one for power

everything's also in the sig

i'm just fed up with this, they keep sending the same one, and the same thing happens everytime, they said they would ship a new one... they don't and the same thing happens to the same ghey amp

Edited by a_steezy

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

I have ran kicker amps for years and never had one problem. Sucks that u keep having this issue but I would look at the install if it keeps happening. What does your electrical look like?

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Sounds like what happened to my buddy's ZX1000.1 It would come on and play then out of no where completely quit working. Sent it to kicker and they said nothing was wrong. He got the amp back and the same thing happened. He took it to a local audio repair shop and they said it was a bad remote turn on thing. The fixed it and it hasn't quit since.

What kind of load are you running on the ZX1500.1? Because if you drop it below 2 ohms where it is stable at that could be a reason that you keep frying it. That is the only reason I can think of other than it is just a defective amp to begin with. But it would definately have troubles if you are running it below 2 ohms. I've seen it happen before with those amps. A buddy of mine had a ZX400.1 that he dropped down to .5 and smoked it in like a min. He sent it back to Kicker and got it fixed. I bought it off of him and put it in my fiance's car to run a single RF P1 and have never had a single problem with it. You may just have got shitty luck and each time they've tried to fix your amp something else has fucked up.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I have ran kicker amps for years and never had one problem. Sucks that u keep having this issue but I would look at the install if it keeps happening. What does your electrical look like?

electrical's fine, don't remember what it was exactly but at the local shop it was pushing right at or a little above where it was.

and if it was the install why did i have no problems with the brutus or zx750???

Sounds like what happened to my buddy's ZX1000.1 It would come on and play then out of no where completely quit working. Sent it to kicker and they said nothing was wrong. He got the amp back and the same thing happened. He took it to a local audio repair shop and they said it was a bad remote turn on thing. The fixed it and it hasn't quit since.

This is what's happeneing to me, the power turns on though so i dont think it's the remote turn on...

What kind of load are you running on the ZX1500.1? Because if you drop it below 2 ohms where it is stable at that could be a reason that you keep frying it. That is the only reason I can think of other than it is just a defective amp to begin with. But it would definately have troubles if you are running it below 2 ohms. I've seen it happen before with those amps. A buddy of mine had a ZX400.1 that he dropped down to .5 and smoked it in like a min. He sent it back to Kicker and got it fixed. I bought it off of him and put it in my fiance's car to run a single RF P1 and have never had a single problem with it. You may just have got shitty luck and each time they've tried to fix your amp something else has fucked up.

sub is right at 2 ohms, and the amp's not going up in smoke or anything, just simply no output

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Kicker don't suck, Its just a faulty amp. They should send you a new amp for your troubles. Sending the same one back is b/s. I own and use Kicker products and rarely have problems with them. If they do get you a new 1500.1 I doubt you'll have the same trouble. How is your voltage when you used the 1500.1? There is a diff. between running a 1500.1, 750.1, and the Brutus 1600.

Derp.

IDK........

I found it and thought it was bad-ass. :D

<<<< 2:17

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by solo_x18

Derp.