Second Skin Audio

Ed 13kv.2's ?

Fish Chris

I have a pair ED 13Kv.2's (12"), which I would like to run for SQ..... but I like LOW bass a lot too. Elemental designs shows an enclosure for a pair of these on their website, which they say is 3.0 cubes... but my calcs show it's closer to 2.8. I could go much larger if it would help, but again, I'm going for SQ and being able to hit low.

ED recomends tuning these at 30hz, and so I think I'm cool with that.

......but then I was on another forum, where one of the resident box gurus says that I will lose too much power if I tune these subs any lower than 39hz ??? Hmmm. Again, I'm not looking for max loudness (with these particular subs) anyway.

Oh, I will be giving these subs 700wts RMS for the pair (as per the birthsheet), hooked up tp present a 2 ohm load, for the sub channel of my RF Power 1000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a while I was considering using this box builder;

http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

If you will please, plug in these numbers to see the calcs I'm considering.... then tell me what you think....

29"

17"

16"

20"

1"

2.5"

12.5"

I heard somebody say this calculator works well, but does not figure in for subwoofer displacement. Agree ? If so, my subs take up very little.... I could probably make the box 1/4" or 1/2" longer and make up for that very easily.....

Oh also, how would you guys trust the tuning, when the face of the vent is slanted back ??? I don't know how in the hell they calculate port length for that ?!?!

Anyone ?

Thanks,

Fish

Archived