Sonic Electronix

I have a audiobahn 4 channel amp that was given to me cause it has a problem with it. You hook up the amp to just the power, remote, and ground, with a set of rca's and the amp kicks on to go instantly into protect. If you put the rcas into another channel same. The fan in the amp and everything runs. But cant get it to kick out of protect. I looked at the board and there isnt any burn marks nor burnt smell comming from the amp.

Is there anything I can try? Or just chuck it in the trash?

EDIT: and there isnt any wires touching each other. I can hook up another amp, and it works perfectly.

open it up and look for burnt parts again, check the fuses in the amp, make sure theres no exposed wiring inside.

Everything looks fine. I have the top off, and even tried to fire it up with the top off. Fuses are good. since the amp is getting power. Just wont come out of protect.

Well amp is now fried. I started to inspect the amp, and i took off the chip for the 3/4 channel. I saw burn marks on it, so i hook it off the amp (2 screws held it on) then I inspected the 1/2 channels and they were ok. So I went out and hooked up the amp, and protect went off, andhad a green light. Well waited like 10 seconds and saw smoke and heard crackling sounds comming from the amp. So, I guess it is now a paper weight.

Thank you for the help.

Diodes can and stuff can be bad without you being able to actually see it

The person I got the amp from said he was using it, and one day on his way home he was driving and the amp cut out one day, and went into protect mode. He said he wasnt bumpin it hard, he had 6x9s ran off the 1/2 channels and subs ran off the 3/4 channels. I guess the subs quit workin but he still had 6x9's going. He unhooked everything and didnt smell anything burnt so, he hooked it back up with the subs off 1/2 channels and it went instantly into protect and never worked since.

It was a free amp, so, I thought I might have been able to fix it.

Archived