The word LEGAL means different things in every organization (db drag, usaci, meca, iasca).

Pretty much all of those above organizations EXCEPT db drag LEGAL means in the kick panel and you can run doors/windows in any position you want to, and get a legal score in that organization.

LEGAL in dbdrag/bassrace means car sealed up tight (windows and doors closed), no venting what so ever. Mic placement for db drag (if I remember right) is 11 inches left of the right b piller, and 6 inches up from the top of the dash. I mic'ed up a lot of cars helping out with out db drag promoter, but there is a special jig that is made for the exact postion in every car.

Position of the mic can also effect your score if you turn the mic 90 degrees left or right from the normal way, this really only makes a different in extreme spl vehicles however.

The audio control mic is just that, a microphone (like what you use for singing). If your tweets where really loud, you could easily do a 150db on tweets alone because it is metering the audible level, NOT the SOUND PRESSURE like the term lab meters. This is why many organizations are being pushed to move to a term lab (most already have, but I think iasca is still back in the ghetto days with the audiocontrol). No matter what the calibration is set to on a AC you can still alter other knobs that will alter your final score.

The audiocontol meter is still a nice piece of gear to have but not for metering, just for the rta portion of it. But if you already have a termlab it is wiser to get the rta pak for the TL, then go out and buy a inaccurate audiocontrol.

I was really close to breaking a 150db (it was a high 148 or a low 149) on a AC meter in the kick on music with my window open and a underpowered dd9518 in the trunk with a rf t10001bd. I was also told that it was a brand new mic only a few weeks old.

After metering later the week on a termlab that was used in 2007 finals, i found out that it was only a 136.X db's

I was really close to breaking a 150db (it was a high 148 or a low 149) on a AC meter in the kick on music with my window open and a underpowered dd9518 in the trunk with a rf t10001bd. I was also told that it was a brand new mic only a few weeks old.

After metering later the week on a termlab that was used in 2007 finals, i found out that it was only a 136.X db's

Yeah, my Poopy 18's beat a DD 9518.

LoL.

J/P :friends:

But Really. :P

lol, i'm prolly at 135.x if that with 2 15's and 1000w

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ied like to see a 140 ona burp tho, i aint meeterd befor tho i dont kno of anyone round here with one

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i aint meeterd befor tho i dont kno of anyone round here with one

dont only look for meters at a car audio shop, try to hunt down some serious competitors in your area. A lot of times major competiors (not just loud guys, but guys that goto every show to bassrace the 129.9 class) have their own meters for pratice.

I know that everyone that goes and competes around me all seem to have their own TL, theres probolly 4 or 5 guys that dont, me being one of them :(

it would look like as many ppl that have em they wouldnt be $700 tho, they might of went down by now but last time i looked they was around $700

i wonder what i would enter in under, i got 2 batterys, 1000w amp, 2 15's and im under window line, now the rear speakers are screwed to the top of the box but thats diff, would it be a still a stock class, or a modified? i wanna go to a comp but i dont kno of any, theres a few cats from nc on here we need to make a meet somewere

It depends on the organization you want to run in, some go by amount of speakers, some go by rms power, some go by brackets.

I guess the best advice I can give you is to find another car audio forum to read up and post on to find people in your area, like termpro.com forums.

Here is a competition locater on termpro for upcomming events.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventlocator1.asp

If you goto this link, it will break down the classes for dbdrag. http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2008/section2.asp

I know you could run ss 1-2, but with only 1krms you might get stomped but Im not sure, it all depends on your competitiors stereos and what not, either way you will get an idea of what your stereo does.

hopefully that helps you out a little bit :)