Second Skin Audio

Multi Sub Setup With Dif Woofers

I spy a 12 inch T1, 10 inch Punch HX2, 12 inch Punch HX2 and a BA By Niner

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Hey Pink Floyd, I'll tell you what I think.......

I think that setup is liable to produce all kinds of funky ass cancellations, at all different oddball frequencies. In short, it might be loud {at certain frequencies where the speakers work together, instead of fight each other} but it will probably sound downright aweful.

Now with that said, please understand that I'm the guy who's always thinking about all kinds of crazy out-of-the-box type of $#!+..... not just with car audio, but with all aspects of life in general.

And "I DO BELIEVE" that their are ways to run multiple sized subs, in a manner in which they will compliment each other (lots of individual X-over points and such) or, subs of the same size and type, in different enclosures, doing different things, but in a way that they are not fighting each other.

Now, although I don't know that this guy is not some car audio guru, who has all kinds of tricked out X-overs and wiring behind these subs, I'm just going to guess that this isn't the case.

Of course with all of this said, once in a while, a noob tries something really reduculous, and against all rime or reason, it works really well ! But that would definately be the exception, rather than the rule.

Just MPO...... but then again, I myself know just about enough to be dangerous :-)

Peace,

Fish

haha i think thats a boston 555 maybe?

Nobody wants to agree, or disagree with my response ??? I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't trolling... honest.

But on the other hand, it's not like I'm some kind of car audio authority :-) Ooooh Ahhhh ! Fish Chris has spoken ! :-) LOL

I'd really just like to learn more about this kind of thing myself.

Peace,

Fish

Edited by Fish Chris

Guest Powered By Hate
Nobody wants to agree, or disagree with my response ??? I mean, don't get me wrong, I wasn't trolling... honest.

But on the other hand, it's not like I'm some kind of car audio authority :-) Ooooh Ahhhh ! Fish Chris has spoken ! :-) LOL

I'd really just like to learn more about this kind of thing myself.

Peace,

Fish

Lol.. I give an A for effort.. Your post definetly has alot of insight but all that effort would be worth the outcome.. MY buddy raul has a port in his box.. but its like 2 inches from the back of his box and the port is like 14 inches long lol.. does it beat? yes.. will it rattle shit? yes.. Does the port actually work.. no. lol. So who knows.. Get em on the meter!

my buddy ahd a ford contour with 2 12inch alpine r's and 2 image dynamics 15's, the 15's faced up, the 12's faced back, the 12's were ported, the 15's were sealed. some random 1000watt amp powered it, and it friggin beat, it shamed my setup.

some of that funky stuff will work, but it will always make you look real ghetto

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

my buddy ahd a ford contour with 2 12inch alpine r's and 2 image dynamics 15's, the 15's faced up, the 12's faced back, the 12's were ported, the 15's were sealed. some random 1000watt amp powered it, and it friggin beat, it shamed my setup.

some of that funky stuff will work, but it will always make you look real ghetto

Odd, I have a Ford Contour with a junky set up and my stuff pounds as well. Way harder than it should according to most who see it. Maybe contours are good spl cars??

Ya' know, again guys, I'm no expert, but I'd have to guess that mixing up all kinds of different subs, and / or enclosures, would be more likely to be LOUD {if you were to go through the frequency range, and pick the peaks that it played best} than it would be, to be clean, and more or less, flat across the spectrum.

So I sure wouldn't doubt that the systems you guys mentioned, or the one the OP posted the photo, of were loud....... So if that were all a guy was going for......

Me, I want it all :-) Loud, (able to be) flat (although I like a little more treble, and a LOT more ultra-low bass), and clean as can possibly be, too ! But like they say, want in one hand, $#!+ in the other, and see which one fills up the fastest. Doh ! Oh well.

Peace,

Fish

i think a ford contour may just have nothing to block the sound, plus the seat folds down, and in mine i have a luxury car sound deadened trunk and a thick ass airtight leather seat in the way. it was sooooo much louder without a backseat, like painful loud, make your hair move when the sunroof was open loud. now its kinda...ehh

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC