This Alt. Seem Legit?

It says its a 150Amp alt. from Mr. Alternator 240 bucks

http://www.mralternator.com/alternators/toyota.html

2nd from bottom

No pictures available so i didnt know if this place was legit or if its a scam, i really need a H.O alt. and this is the only one i have seen.

Lemme know some info please if anyones delt with them.

And also would this 150amp alt. be able to keep up with say 2 PowermasterD3100? and a Crunch Gp3000D Pro?

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

you can search iraggi alternators on ebay or you can hit up mechman here on the forums.

im using iraggi and i like it.

they might be able to make an alt stronger than 150amps for your 4runner

Ive searched irraggi the only thing they make is like a 100 amp, and i dont think mechman carries one for my 3.4 i contacted excessive amperage to see if they could build me one, as of right now price is no option, i HAVE to have an H.O alt, theres no way around it, so ima go with whoever can get me the biggest one

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

alt is in hawaii but its an irragi 220 amp not used shipping shouldnt be more than 50 bucks...unless you want overnite shipping..sign up and contact the guy....

99 4runner

walled 2 18 fi btl ufo psi recones 15 cubes 33hz port bottom behind the C pillar

orion hcca 8000.1d

8 Polk audio mm 691 6x9

2 2000x4 hifonics

320 amp singer alt

3 g31

1 baby seat 1 booster seat and daily driven!

Guest Just_Rob

The stock alternator on the 3.4L Taco's and 4Runners was either 80 or 90 amp, if they are selling a 150 it's based off the stock alt (TINY) unit... We dont even mess around with that 118MM Denso unit, too small to do anything meaningful with, (two exceptions, Scion XB's and Ferrari's) and 99.999% of vehicles that have that size alternator in it, we build direct replacement large case alternators for... The OEM 118MM units we run from Denso will run 150 Amps cold 120 hot.. I drove a 3.4L Taco for 10 years, and ran everything from stock 80 amps to 300 Amps in it... The large case Denso units we build for those are 180/150 and are a direct bolt on and will do 110-120 at idle all day long... If you want more, it's really easy to do in a 3.4L Toyota V-6, just dont buy one built on the stock unit, you WILL be dissapointed!!

The stock alternator on the 3.4L Taco's and 4Runners was either 80 or 90 amp, if they are selling a 150 it's based off the stock alt (TINY) unit... We dont even mess around with that 118MM Denso unit, too small to do anything meaningful with, (two exceptions, Scion XB's and Ferrari's) and 99.999% of vehicles that have that size alternator in it, we build direct replacement large case alternators for... The OEM 118MM units we run from Denso will run 150 Amps cold 120 hot.. I drove a 3.4L Taco for 10 years, and ran everything from stock 80 amps to 300 Amps in it... The large case Denso units we build for those are 180/150 and are a direct bolt on and will do 110-120 at idle all day long... If you want more, it's really easy to do in a 3.4L Toyota V-6, just dont buy one built on the stock unit, you WILL be dissapointed!!

x2, that small denso unit won't put out crap at idle.

We have a large case unit for Tacoma.

My stock alt isnt a denso, its a nippondenso, or is that what you meant.

Anyways I have read that a GM large case alternator can be swapped in, but I would have to fab up some sort of spacer for the mounting bracket. and wouldnt the pulley have more grooves?

I also emailed excessiveamperage and they told me they could custom build me a 180amp alternator for $345, so is that a bad idea?

Edited by e_train

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

Guest Just_Rob
My stock alt isnt a denso, its a nippondenso, or is that what you meant.

Anyways I have read that a GM large case alternator can be swapped in, but I would have to fab up some sort of spacer for the mounting bracket. and wouldnt the pulley have more grooves?

I also emailed excessiveamperage and they told me they could custom build me a 180amp alternator for $345, so is that a bad idea?

ANYTHING built on that small Nippondenso alternator is a bad idea! For $345, even worse idea from him, from me, from anyone... If you want a legit 180 Amp Denso unit, I can build you a large case direct bolt in that is all OEM parts for the same price.. But your talking 2 totally different alternators, an overwound 180A small case that will do 40 amps at idle vs a large case that was designed for 180 Amps and will make 110-120 at idle!

I did the first large case swap on one of those 3.4L V-6's on my first 95.5 Tacoma 13 years ago and I've done at least 40 or 50 of those swaps since... If you want to go that route, it's no problem and it's very easy to do, our kit is plug and play, comes with the spacer and harness adapter, and our 220 Amp alt we build for that truck will do 130-140 at idle, legitimately!! Rob

So thats a 220 amp gm large case alt, but it comes with the spacer and adapter, for how much, and will the toyota belt work on the alt. pulley. And it wouldnt hurt anything it being a non toyota alternator?

I have never messed with anything but OEM replacement alts. I just need something to hold abigger amps and a couple batteries.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif