Sundown Audio

2 Things Don't Seem Right!

Beckett

I hve just recently re-set my speaker amp, and i now have it in HP instead of FLAT, but my 2 left mid bass speakers are hardly moving which is pretty normal for HP, and the 2 in my right side or different, the front of the 2 moves loads compared to the back one on the same side which moves equal to the left side ones!

and just recently i have been experiencing a horrible crackly distortion sonund (kinda like when your TV is on that black and white dotty fuzzy screen that kinda noise) lol nice description :) lol.

it is only coming thrugh like this on that one speaker that moves more than the other 3. but to kinda stop it from making this noise i have to fiddle around with the HP switch on my JBL GTO 75.4 amp and it will stop making the noise, (it randomely come on every now and then)

these are 2 seperate things bugging me if any one could identify why this is happening i would be grate full:)

cheers

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like a short at the amp

for what? the noise or the speaker moving more?

how do i check if it is or not?

cheeers

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well you said if you fiddle with the setting it goes away, that leads me to beleive theres a short in the amp thats making the static happen. the same issue may be effecting that one speaker

ahh i see !

is there anything that i could maybe do to it?

cus i really dont wanna send amp away or anyting, (i bought it as a ex demo model of ebay)

BTW i appreciate such a fats response bud:)

cheeers

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Archived