wL<3bass Posted October 20, 2008 Report Posted October 20, 2008 Wow....why do ppl always buy a sub and then skimp on what plays the MAJORITY of your music....no set of speakers powered by a deck will keep up with a BTL. Get a solid 4-channel 100wrms x 4 @ 4ohm and a solid set of comps.... Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
stuart_goodenough Posted October 20, 2008 Author Report Posted October 20, 2008 well i dont have the money right know you dont understand i got really lucky with the btl my mother passed away and i talked my dad into letting me buy the btl with some of my socialsecurity and now everything else i have to pay for my self
wL<3bass Posted October 20, 2008 Report Posted October 20, 2008 I'm sorry that your mom passed away....but yes I do know its like to have no money and what its like to work understaffed all the time and go home feeling terrible everynight after work.....but before I bought a BTL I would have bought speakers and a 4-channel amp. Oh wait I'm already doing that.... I like bass but not so much that I can't hear the rest of the music. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
97maxima Posted October 20, 2008 Report Posted October 20, 2008 really tho buy one peice of equipment at a time.grab your speakers then when the time comes grab a 4ch off ebay for 50-100 bucks nothing major a true 400 watt is all you will need American Bass*DC Power
stuart_goodenough Posted October 20, 2008 Author Report Posted October 20, 2008 i agree with you but i cant drive untill feburay so i hope i can get everything by then and im really not happy with my box either so i have to start over pretty much i need a new deck i have an old shitty pioneer and a badass btl... so im trying to get what i need the most so im starting at door speakers can someone just give me recomendations i am looking at the re6.5fr are they any good?
Gq85 Posted October 20, 2008 Report Posted October 20, 2008 I would go with some component speakers powered by an amp. I feel you on the money thing though I am currently out of a job and no car so I have no sounds I completely agree with wL<3bass on what he said. I can't believe some people buy a sub and amp and think they have a system don't forget about your headunit mids and highs.
stuart_goodenough Posted October 20, 2008 Author Report Posted October 20, 2008 oh then what kind? and i only have a vehicle beacuse of my mother
wL<3bass Posted October 20, 2008 Report Posted October 20, 2008 I tried the whole "coxial" seen and to be honest....the bass produced by coxials "usually" sucks....and you can clearly hear where the speaker is....there is no fullness to the sound....its like "Okay I hear music its coming from a speaker 2 feet away from my head in a door..." components aer like "Wow I hear music I wonder where the speaker is?!" Now some quality coxials can have a decent soundstage but by no means can a properly setup pair of coxials touch a pair of properly setup components. My $.02 Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
Jextel Posted October 20, 2008 Report Posted October 20, 2008 I would go with some component speakers powered by an amp. I feel you on the money thing though I am currently out of a job and no car so I have no sounds I completely agree with wL<3bass on what he said. I can't believe some people buy a sub and amp and think they have a system don't forget about your headunit mids and highs. when ppl are new to Car audio mids and highs are not on there mind at all! i cant vouch for this guy because i was the same way! And bro far as your vocal problem $100 sint going to get you far..if you want good ouput and decent sound get a nice 100x4 (@4ohm) amp and prolly some RSD's BUT i just got in my powerbass coaxials and there doing pretty well(but acourse there crossed around 65-70hz) ALSO if you really dont care about SQ i would get some 6x9's because they will get pretty loud and if i remember correctly my jimmy fit 6x9's in the rear IMO http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878TEAM DEADLY HERTZ "GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.
stuart_goodenough Posted October 20, 2008 Author Report Posted October 20, 2008 what kind of componentes then thats the main reason i made this thread, and yes it fits 6x9s in the back.. so waht brand should i go with for all 4 and how do i wire them to and amp..?do i run new speaker wire threw my car for them?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.