Geico Is Cancelling My Insurance

I've been on my moms policy for years because I'm still young and it's been cheaper than being on my own. Well a few months ago I contacted Geico and it was cheaper for me to insure my vehicle with really good comprehensive insurance + $10,000 worth of stereo theft than stick with my moms policy so I did.

Today I got home from work to find a letter in the mail telling me come December they wont be insuring me because of "excessive modifications" to my vehicle. I immediately called them up and asked what was the problem? I have a K&N intake and mufflers. They told me I was too big a liability because of my expensive equipment. When I told them I didn't have the equipment anymore because I sold it can't I just have comprehensive without the stereo coverage they said NO! They said I could easily put the equipment back in and not tell them.

Why in the hell would you push an option on a policy onto someone, then cancel them for getting it? I haven't been pulled over or had an accident in 3+ years, they're just trying to screw me over.

Something to think about if you are considering getting a large system. It's unethical if not illegal.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I've been on my moms policy for years because I'm still young and it's been cheaper than being on my own. Well a few months ago I contacted Geico and it was cheaper for me to insure my vehicle with really good comprehensive insurance + $10,000 worth of stereo theft than stick with my moms policy so I did.

Today I got home from work to find a letter in the mail telling me come December they wont be insuring me because of "excessive modifications" to my vehicle. I immediately called them up and asked what was the problem? I have a K&N intake and mufflers. They told me I was too big a liability because of my expensive equipment. When I told them I didn't have the equipment anymore because I sold it can't I just have comprehensive without the stereo coverage they said NO! They said I could easily put the equipment back in and not tell them.

Why in the hell would you push an option on a policy onto someone, then cancel them for getting it? I haven't been pulled over or had an accident in 3+ years, they're just trying to screw me over.

Something to think about if you are considering getting a large system. It's unethical if not illegal.

Statefarm FTW! They cover theft, vandalism, deer accidents, hail damage, and much more WOOT!

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Statefarm FTW! They cover theft, vandalism, deer accidents, hail damage, and much more WOOT!

Yeah, but why say they cover theft and then cancel me because I signed up for their optional theft coverage! WTF!? I'll be looking at statefarm very soon as I'm shopping online.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

X2 they will cover your shit if its stolen and they dont charge you extra for it. I pay $69 a month for full coverage and rental insurance on my Bu. Thats with my wife on the coverage too. Statefarm is awesome. Plus with your good record you'll be fine.

Credo Quia Absurdum

Mine is running me about 120 a month for comprehensive like liability + full coverage....but not...only thing it doesn't cover is wrecks, but soon as I build up a little cash full coverage! and my parents have had statefarm for 30+years never a problem from them and they are nice and friendly :D

Edited by wL<3bass

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

Ah, I have <6 months till an old speeding ticket goes off my record from literally 4 years ago. They paved the roads and took all the 55mph speed limit signs down. I didn't see the ONE - literally ONE TINY new 35mph sign behind a tree till it was too late :(

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Ah, I have <6 months till an old speeding ticket goes off my record from literally 4 years ago. They paved the roads and took all the 55mph speed limit signs down. I didn't see the ONE - literally ONE TINY new 35mph sign behind a tree till it was too late :(

Shouldn't affect it too much....maybe 5-10 a month....they only really hit your insurance bad when your under 21 and get a ticket....but most cops around here give you warnings.

My YouTube Videos