Ohh Man!

Beckett

i noticed a speaker was making a funny noise, so i gave it a closer inspection and there was hardly any music coming from it, i then touched it and felt/heard it tapping, like metal on metal sound, i took the speaker out of the door pods and noticed this ..........................

rfffuk.jpg

rffukk.jpg

rffuk.jpg

ergggggggggg, that should be able to be repaired yes?

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hopefully epoxy or c/a could fix that

im sure someone is a reconing maestro and will tell you what compound works best

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

oh yea it goes the whole way round!

i personally think it was from too much excursion....like a few weeks ago i had the amp set on 'flat' which was making the speakers move about 10-15+ mm. i have a video on youtube showing the speakers playing (check my topics for it) . i have now set the amp to HP for a week or so, and there is hardly any movement in the speakers, but i think it was damaged from when it was in 'flat' and kinda jus gave way today or something. i can't really thing how else it could be caused?

cheers Ben.

x

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm wanting to send it back to where i bought it from, i have sent some stuff back to them a few times and they have looked after me extremely well, i am so impressed with there service, so hopefully they will be able to repair it for me!

so basically a recone is all that is needed? that's a fairly simple thing to do for someone that knows what there doing?

cheers

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Archived