Second Skin Audio

Aero Port Info

Kinda bored so I came up with this. It might be worth a sticky or pinned.

1 so so 10 inch sub needs one 3 inch port

1 really good 10 inch sub needs two 3 inch or one 4 inch port

1 so so 12 inch sub needs one 4 inch port

1 really good 12 inch sub needs two 4 inch port

1 so so 15 needs one 4 inch

1 really good 15 needs two 4 inch or one 6 inch port

1 18 needs four 4 inch or two 6 inch port

Now all this is "general" so don't flame me about it not being 100% to "your application".

two 3 inch ports pretty much equals one 4 inch port

two 4 inch ports pretty much equals one 6 inch port

Edited by banginAltima

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

what would u consider a really good sub? lol ied like to do a ported box with aeros cause a slot port is to hard to tune for me ied rather have somethin i can slap in and wang on it, and are they hard to tune? im more into this cause i wanted to do some home stereo boxs so i was wantin to kno if aero made smaller than 3 or 2'' ports? like could u put like a 2'' port ina box for a 6x9 or somethin? just somethin i always wanted to kno if it was possable to do that? im only askin because i got a mtx 5500 15'' dual 4ohm sub and i made a ported box to there specs but i think its tuned to 38htz i went by there pfd specs on it and i hate to get rid of it but i want low bass but still hits tight so somethin round 32=35htz but i listen to country, rap, rock, rnb, a lil bit of everything and would like to try this, were is a good place to get aeros a a decent price?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

lol, im glad steve made this site, ied never kno how to do all this wierd riggin shit to make stuff u could buy somewere, smd ftmfw!!

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

what would u consider a really good sub? lol ied like to do a ported box with aeros cause a slot port is to hard to tune for me ied rather have somethin i can slap in and wang on it, and are they hard to tune? im more into this cause i wanted to do some home stereo boxs so i was wantin to kno if aero made smaller than 3 or 2'' ports? like could u put like a 2'' port ina box for a 6x9 or somethin? just somethin i always wanted to kno if it was possable to do that? im only askin because i got a mtx 5500 15'' dual 4ohm sub and i made a ported box to there specs but i think its tuned to 38htz i went by there pfd specs on it and i hate to get rid of it but i want low bass but still hits tight so somethin round 32=35htz but i listen to country, rap, rock, rnb, a lil bit of everything and would like to try this, were is a good place to get aeros a a decent price?

Yeah, I would say that would be a so so sub. One 4 inch port per sub. Aero ports are just like slott port you tune by port length.

Yes that make a 2 inch. Never thought of trying to port a 6 x 9.

You can buy ports from www.partsexpress.com

Edited by banginAltima

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

make your own. In the next couple of days I am going to do a thread on how some Pvc+a heat gun+ a wine bottle= your very own flared ports.

One day I am going to try the make my own.

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

One day I am going to try the make my own.

it was friggin' easy. Take a length of PVc a couple inches longer than you need, heat up the end of it with a heat gun (turns out a torch is a bit too much) push it onto a large bottle (I used an empty wine bottle) an when it looks sorta flared push it onto a 2x4 or something to make the face flat. All the hile keeping it heated.