4 Atomic Apxx 15" 4rth Order Bandpass Wall Build

Carpet = remove, on the backside where your subs mount = roundover, port = roundover but more smooth like fiberglass, all the corners of the box should be rounded or cut long triangles to go from end to end. Then fiberglass resin the whole inside of the box for smoother air movement. All those things will help. I realize that removing the carpet is not an option for most but try it if you have a meter handy and see the difference. Also do you know your exact peek note?

x2. some 45's and glassed inside will help alot.

looks great though.

• 3 weeks later...

so i decided to ditch the flat wall and ripped it out to build a 4rth order i've still got to wait till at least Friday when i get paid

so expect a some updates next week

i should have some bussbars made

hopefully they'll turn out like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres how it looks now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and heres what i have planned for the next build

heres the main idea port on drivers side

Posted Image

but i really like the look of this

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

yeah it does look bad ass but i also want it to meter good so port drivers side should be louder

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

DO IT! lol but this time you gotta finish the box with carpet paint something lol but the 4th order will be badass bro! and holy shit i never looked back to see all the runs of 1/0 did you run them all straight from the altys? can i get a few pics? lol

Roseville, CA

will they all load equally with the port on one side like that?

-Drew

they should, once its built i've gotta shrink the box's and make the port bigger to fine tune it (if that makes sense) but im hoping it will load fine

DO IT! lol but this time you gotta finish the box with carpet paint something lol but the 4th order will be badass bro! and holy shit i never looked back to see all the runs of 1/0 did you run them all straight from the altys? can i get a few pics? lol

im not a fan of finishing box's or making stuff look nice i like the ugliness that follows the loud

and they were ran off the battery with custom aluminum distroblocks i'll find pics in a bit i took out my G31 and unhooked all the wires the other day cause i believe the battery froze or somthing :( but i will have pics up in a bit

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and a pic of how ugly it was when i got it

Posted Image

and how she sits now :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

Archived