Help With Mini Cooper Doors

this is where im at with the panels thus far. im still mounting it how i want it, before i fleece it around the edges to the stock panel and glass.

phone pic, better pics later.

having the clearance issues though.. the very right mid on the top row (above where the stock speaker would be) hits the metal of the door, which means to make it clear, i have to bring the entire baffle out that much further. right now in this pic, its mounted where all mids will screw in without hitting the door, BUT, the baffle touches the seat when its closed. 2 or 3 of the mids and 2 tweets hit the seat as well, all becuase of that right 6.5" on the top row making me have to bring the panel out further.

i cant cut the metal behind that either becuase the track or whatever for the window is screwed to the piece of metal directly behind that speaker.

ideas?

CopyofCA87IDCF.jpg

My suggestion is loose teh mid and tweet, and transfer them to the kick panel or do a pillar pod. Just my 2¢.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

x2 put em in some kick panals, 7 mids n tweets in each door should get good n loud, what are u runnin for subs?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

My suggestion is loose teh mid and tweet, and transfer them to the kick panel or do a pillar pod. Just my 2¢.

no room in kick, i have a stick shift.

cant put them in the pillars, theres airbags behind them. if they go off ill have a 6.5" in my face.

x2 put em in some kick panals, 7 mids n tweets in each door should get good n loud, what are u runnin for subs?

2 18" MTs for now in a wall

As easy as the big flat panels are for mounting speakers...they not always fit ..It will be a bit harder but a multi angle panel might fit a bit better,or you can just make another panel with rings and go that way..

i cant really change the layout of the speakers. i like how they are now. it took me forever to decide on a layout. i had them layed out about every way you can think, and this looked the best by FAR...the rest just didnt flow or look symetical, and looked like i just made a panel and cut holes whereever.. this way they are at least in 2 straight lines that are almost completely parallel with each other

Edited by pimpedout97x