Xxx 15"

As you can see, first time poster, and after reading through previous related posts i`m a little concerned regarding box and port size for my sub, as posters mentioned very little room for error with this sub and frying a coil is not on my agenda whilst deciding configurations .

Presently i have a box with internal measurements of 14"h x 32"d x 23"w coming in at approx 5.9 cbft.

Sub will be firing upwards and ports facing horizontal.

I have 2 end baffles one containg a single 9' port and the other containing 2x 6.5" ports, any help deciding which one to use would be appreciated or maybe both of them are unsuitable?.

This sub will be powered by a DD Z2LV amp so juice shouldn`t be an issue.

My vehicle is real happy at 40-42hz

I have enclosed a pic of my previous enclosure to give you some idea of what vehicle i plan to put this new box in, thanks for your time.

DSC_1775Small.jpg

Edited by deezydee

Bump for a good bloke.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Box is way too big for the power you have. Is this for SPL or daily bumping? If it's daily I would say do 4 cubes before displacement with a 6" aeroport tuned to suit. I have this setup with my 9515 off ~4kw and it goes damn good (145dB on music)

For SPL, similar box size but with twice the port area. You'll need LONG LONG ports to get the tuning down, if it's a competition setup use chimney (external) ports. And if you're peaking at 40, try burping at 80. You should have a harmonic/peak there as well and it'll do HEAPS better on the meter... but sound like ass.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Thanks for the help Boon the advice will be noted. I've helped test and tune this car. It has a ridiculous amount od Dynamat and deadening in it so it peaks super low. It's a VZ Commodore wagon FYI. It just loves burping at 40ish Hz

Here's the style of boxes that have been used previously

T4.jpg

One T4 12" off 1kw would burp 143ish dB at 40Hz. External Aeros, all resined up internally etc.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

My friend had a Commy wagon, don't know the exact model, fully dynamatted, was doing 147.5 at 48hz with 2 T4-12's and 3kw.

Setup was like 3 cubes, 1 6" aero.

Try subs forward port forward (if your box uses the same face for both) with the back seat up. Was loudest for him.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

This will just be a drop in box for SPL only, i`ll hang on to this box and may just have to drop a 2nd woofer in it sometime, or just cut it down. thanks for the suggestions `Boon` and cheers Mike.

My friend had a Commy wagon, don't know the exact model, fully dynamatted, was doing 147.5 at 48hz with 2 T4-12's and 3kw.

Setup was like 3 cubes, 1 6" aero.

Try subs forward port forward (if your box uses the same face for both) with the back seat up. Was loudest for him.