but never feel the need to post them on the internet,

i'm more of the lurking kind

thats why my postcount is subzero :P

BTW:

sonotube lenght = speed of sound : frequency

Hope that is of any help

grtz.

Edited by dred

Hey Dred, sorry for the late reply {my monitor went out.... 2 days to replace it}

sonotube lenght = speed of sound : frequency

Yea'.... this is what I'm trying to believe.... but if it were so simple, why is their SOOOO much confusion over calculations for t-line subwoofer setups (at least, relating to individual subwoofers) ? I've heard of stereo / mathematical gurus, who worked for years, to create a t-line calculator that was even "close" to accurate" ?

All the while, I'm sitting there thinking, "Okay... So as kids, we made these little horns out of straws. The longer they were, the deeper sound they made". How freaking simple is that ?

Hmmmm,

Fish

After reading this again i'll have to refine it a little bit.

The formula:

Speed of Sound : Frequency = SonoTube Length, is a full wave length.

You'll have to divide SonoTube length by 4 for a quarter (and 2 for half)

All the above is for a straight line enclosure.

Best thing to do is built a test thingy

nothing fancy just some crappy old 6 or 8" speaker and a square enclosure,

mount your 'sub' on a plate that can slide up and down in the enclosure and move it.

grtz.

Hey Dred, sorry for the late reply {my monitor went out.... 2 days to replace it}

Yea'.... this is what I'm trying to believe.... but if it were so simple, why is their SOOOO much confusion over calculations for t-line subwoofer setups (at least, relating to individual subwoofers) ? I've heard of stereo / mathematical gurus, who worked for years, to create a t-line calculator that was even "close" to accurate" ?

All the while, I'm sitting there thinking, "Okay... So as kids, we made these little horns out of straws. The longer they were, the deeper sound they made". How freaking simple is that ?

Hmmmm,

Fish

Why there are people like Martin King who has came up with all these formulas to perfect t-lines(more based on tapered and horns) , its more based on the individual speakers impedance, and woofers air displacement, ect ect

A real tline the impedance graph of the woofer, and the box are the same, so what happens when you end up testing a speaker on a speaker testing program out of tline, and in tline, everything flips around, perfect mirror image

as I have said before, there are SOOOO many ways to pull off a t-line, to think there is 1 common formula everyone should use, is ridicules

As long as you get the quarter wave theory in mind, and basic principles you will be fine

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 8 months later...

hey bumpin, how would it work if instead of a 1/4 wave, I did it as a 1/2. yeah it would be bigger, but would it be more eficient and or louder?

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic