Sonic Electronix

Well heres the deal.

I am constantly working on my truck. It now needs a paintjob after I finish some bodywork.

I could fit my SPL-12s behind my seats, but I will loose foot room. It would be best if I cut the cab and the bed, and do a blowthrough. I am having a hard time finding the accordian gasket. My city doesn't have an RV center or camper shell dealer.

I have posted my SPL-12s for sale on caraudio.com/forum. I have gotten one offer.

Why I wanted to sell them, is because originally I could afford the amp I was purchasing, but with the drop of the canadian dollar and stuff.. however now I should be able to swing it.

I am considering selling the 12s, and buying a couple (3-4) Digital Designs 1508s, and doing a box behind the seat. I'm sure the 1508s will get loud, but I'm wondering if it will be loud enough.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Looking for some opinions.

I have a 1994 GMC Sonoma regular cab.

should be able to get there with the 1508s Ray was running 2 in his acura trunk car and i believe he was in the 139.9 bass race class lol

With the 1508s, I'd be able to build the box behind the seats, and not have to take the blowthrough apart if I pull the bed off or whatever. It would allow me to still work on my truck, and still have bass.

are you rockin buckets or bench?

I have 1st gen prelude buckets to be installed.

spl12interiorbox.jpg

I could do something like that... I guess? Its probably not enough airspace in that pic, it can go higher.

I dunno if somebody here could design a wedge box, that would be better... as this here sticks out a few inches and I'd loose some room.

Edited by Gearstix