Sonic Electronix

Really Bad Enigine Noise Through Tweeters!

as the title says i have bad engine noise comin through the tweeters. i've kinda had this problem a while ago and it jus seemed to stop, but now it's back and i wanna know how to try and resolve it :)

i have the power run down one side for the battery, and everything else down the other side....lol just thinking about it, that could be a problem having the speaker wire for the door speakers run next to the rca? .

i will need to tidy all the wires up in the boot agaian because i have jus finished installing my new PDX amp. so that could help a bit if i keep all them wires away from each other.

please tell me what i can do to stop this becuase it drives me insane sometimes lol

cheeeeeers!

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bump

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only crossovers that are used are the ones with the componant set. :)

so if the rca's are doing this what could i do to solve it?

do i take the rca's out of my jbl amp for the sub, or the alpine for the door speakers that are making the noise?

thanks

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

it's deffo frrom the RCA's i took them out and it stopped completely :)

so what do i need to do now to stop the whinning?!?

Thanks a bunch.

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

try each set one at a time. Pulling the PDX RCAs should cut noise for sure. You may need to ground all your powered devices together. That should help eliminate the loop.

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

try each set one at a time. Pulling the PDX RCAs should cut noise for sure. You may need to ground all your powered devices together. That should help eliminate the loop.

both the amps are ground on the same bit of chassis, i thort they were together but i just remebered there not there like 100mm from each other or somthing.

how bout if i was to ground them both directly to the battery and gronud the power cap to the battery. do you reckon that will help?

apperently grounding the amps directly to the bat is better sound rather than to the chassis? i'm not sure if that is true or not?

cheeers,.

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

Na man, i jus put all the grounds in the same place and it's still doing it!

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

theres always tricks to eliminating engine noise, filters work to some extent, using common ground and power for the headunit/amps works wonders on some cars (run a like 14 or 16g speaker line from the power and ground line of the h/u to the rear batteries or bussbars that the amps are hooked to) or ground the h/u to the amp chassis, or run twisted pait rca cables....theres literally dozens of tricks but those are the msot reliable.

i see this when lookin in steves build pics.

i've ordered some new RF RCA's twisted ones, and when they arrive i will have a go at runnin ground and positive to my battery in the boot from the HU. hopefully this will work

any comments

xx

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit