Plexiglass etching?

I am doing am amp rack that is gonna be covered with plexiglass.  I want to get it engraved or etched but nobody does it  around here.  Does anyone know a cheap way of doing this so that the design will glow when lit up by the neons?  I have heard of some people using some type of acid?  Sand paper?  Etched glass vinyl?  please help!!!

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

How big and what do you want???  I can get stuff laser etched here... real precise. But...................................  Are you a noob??? Are you reliable??? I can get anything etched - C and C style. But it'll take a lot of props in you're direction.... UP2U Bro...

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

where u @?  i want the logo for my company.  plexi is for an amp rack covering 3 rockford T10001 BD amps.  probably 16" tall x 50" wide  ball park size.  doesn't need to be thick plexi either.  3/8 would be fine.  can you get me a ball park price?  i can get it done from a dude on hong kong but shipping is gonna kill me?  i'm in louisiana.

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Just send me a rough pic - jpg, gif, paint... etc - if you're on the up and up - it's all good, I'll get back to you  - -  PM me if you want - need some ref's though bro.... There's a lot of shady fuckers out there nowdays.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

here it is.  thanks man.  just let me know and it's all good.

post-15-1168768553.jpg

tribal_flames_logo_2_inverted.JPG_thumb

dj2q.jpg

Looks OK - Give me Exact Dimensions of what you need - I mean the size of etching, and the overall size of the plexi, and the thickness of the plexi you want. I'm not promising anything, It may b a little big, but I'll check it out on Tues (Mon=Holiday). PM me the details of what $$ quotes so far , I'll tell you what I can do.

3/8 plexi or clear acrillic.  acrillic will probably be cheaper and usually looks better.  damn sure not lexan, too expensive.  14.5" x 57"  just make the logog fit the glass with a 2 inch gap on the sides.  just make it as big as you can with approx. 2 inch gap to the edge.  i know that dude in hong kong emailed me a proof off of his computer that looked like the real thing.  thanks again.

yeah pokey, it will be lit up with LED's!!!

dj2q.jpg

yeah me too.  it is going in an 02' silverado.  6 L7 12's, 3 rockford T10001BD's, 1 7" TV, DVD player, center console, Crocodile headliner, wrapping box in black croc as well, trim panel will be orange snake skin, seats black croc with snake inserts, much much more.  trying to get it ready for a show in april.  NEED THAT CLASS!!!

dj2q.jpg

Archived